Friday, May 10, 2019

Forest Greetings -Paint Party Friday

This little sketch is another I completed on my trip away from home.  When I draw deer--I always think of my sweet Mumsie.

She loves the forest and the deer.  She's the one who taught us how to forage in the forest for good things to eat.  She taught us what NOT to eat, too.  She is such an amazing lady.  I sketched this piece for Mumsie's birthday.  She will be 80  years old on the 18th!  I know it's a little early, but....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMSIE!
And Happy Mother's Day, my precious Mom!

I am SO blessed by my dear Mom.  She has always been my biggest fan.  And I am one of her biggest fans!  We have a mutual admiration society!  :D 

Thank you for dropping by--your comments always make my day!  Blessings and joy to you dear ones--You are an encouragement and a delight to my heart.  Happy Mother's Day and Happy Paint Party Friday!



11 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your Forest sketch is a real delight to see, your way with line art is so skilful. This would make a fabulous template to paint, colour or even stitch. What an Amazing Lady your Mum is Beth sending *Birthday Wishes* her way. How wonderful to teach you such things there surely is so much to learn about how we can be self sufficient and survive with what we have around us. Thank you for sharing, wishing you the brightest of days Hugs Tracey x

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your beautiful sketch and your mom must be an amazing lady. Please wish her a happy birthday from me. Happy PPF, have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Lovely sketch! And happy birthday to your dear mom!

SLScheibe said...

What a gorgeous sketch! I love the deer peeking through the trees! And those trees! They look really amazing! Hope you have a lovely day with your mom for her birthday :)

sirkkis said...

Delicate, lovely sketch. Deer is one of my favourite animals.
Wishing you happy time with your mom 💕

Jenn Jilks said...

I love it. "THis little sketch..." It's complicated and lovely.
(ツ) from Cottage Country Ontario , ON, Canada!

DVArtist said...

Happy birthday to your Momsie! My mom was my best friend too. Our birthdays were three days apart and we always shared that time together. A beautiful tribute to your mom.

Jennifer Rose said...

cute sweet drawing :)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

A delightful sketch.

NatureFootstep said...

wonderful! Love the little scene in the forest :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The sketch is so delicate and beautiful. Will you paint it? A Very Happy Birthday to your mum!

-Soma