Friday, May 24, 2019

Springtime Snowstorm -Paint Party Friday

I heard on the news, that in addition to damaging tornadoes and storms, there was a springtime snow storm in Colorado Springs, Denver and Fort Collins!  What a surprise.  This morning some folks awoke to temperatures in the 20's. A lot of records were broken--I wonder what it would be like to find snow on the ground the end of May?

It is beautiful and mild here in Oregon's mid-Willamette Valley.  There are blue patches between puffy clouds--some of them are quite dark!  I keep hoping for a thunder storm.  I adore them.

I looked and looked for the reference photo I used for this drawing--it was inspired by a magazine ad!  When/if I find it, I will add it to the post later.

Here in the United States, it is Memorial Day Weekend.  I will be going with my family to the Willamette National  Cemetery to visit Dad's brothers; Uncle Jody, who fought in Vietnam and Uncle Kelley, who fought in the Korean War.  And especially to honor Dad, who fought in World War II.  He's been gone almost seven years ago, and I miss him So much.

Thank you for dropping by, dear Friends.  Your comments are a bright bit of sunshine in my day!  Blessings and hope to you, and Happy Paint Party Friday!




13 comments:

Christine said...

Beautiful piece and have a great long weekend Beth!

sirkkis said...

The climate is changing all over the world and it causes these strange phenomena.
Your drawing is beautiful and expressive.
I hope your visit yours is happy and memorable xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

The weather in the UK is always unpredictable but even more so now. We just take every day as it comes. I am always in awe of your line art, so fine and detailed, i'd love to see what inspired you to create it. The mind of an artist is so educational. Wishing you well this weekend with your honourable visits. It's bank holiday here so we get a three day weekend too. Happy PPF Hugs Tracey xx

Linda Kunsman said...

a lovely and peaceful looking sketch. Happy PPF and a wonderful Memorial weekend to you too!

peggy gatto said...

Lovely and serene!!! Nice to visit you again!

peppylady (Dora) said...

reminds me of goddess

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece as always. It is good to remember those who have died and gone on before us. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I do like her ears! Thanks for your visit to my blog and the lovely comments you left.

carol l mckenna said...

Beth, beautiful illustration of a springtime storm ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

It is a beautiful drawing. A bit different from what you use to do. I like it!

DVArtist said...

I am looking at your art thinking, "Beth really knows a woman's body" You always manage to show beautiful shape even with flowing clothes. Well done my friend. It has been raining over here for weeks. I am done with the rain. Found out yesterday that my granddaughter is being deployed to Jordan next month. Please pray for her and all of your troupes. My family like yours have served in every war since the Civil War.

BLOGitse said...

I agree with others!
In Finland we had a couple of weeks almost summer weather but now we're back to 'normal'. Should be more summer feeling next week...let's see :)

Amy said...

We are in WIS and just finally a warm day hits us.. All this cold and rain here not good for farming.. No planting has started.. Ugh!
But glad the sun came out today to heat to 80!! Yay!
https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/05/3muses-hat-challenge.html?m=1