Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sunflower Friendship

Sunflower friendships are rare and beautiful. They bloom unexpectedly in the field of life, appearing one day out of nowhere. They are fragrant and joyful, rooted deeply into the soil of one's heart. Sunflower friendships are like bright spots of joy on a dark cloudy day. I thank God for the lovely Sunflower Friends He has brought into my life.


Daddy Update: I drove Dad and Mumsie to the Veteran's Hospital. The broken bones in Dad's neck are seated in nicely, but are not healing as quickly as hoped. The surgeon says Dad will wear his neck brace for six months. Dad's bones are soft, and if the bones do not heal, they will have do surgery. The surgeon says the surgery is risky. Please pray Dad defies all expectations and heals faster than anyone could anticipate. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:

Clytie said...

Sunflowers are so bright and cheerful - the best kind of friends to have.

Tammie Lee said...

my prayers and love are with you and your papa.

Lovely art, as always- it touches my heart.

Kim said...

I'll be sending healing thoughts your Dad's way, Beth. I'm glad he's doing much better and hopefully will continue to do so.

Your pictures are great, you've been very busy this week :) I love the mermaid, she's sooo sweet.

Kim x

Catherine said...

Your family remains in my thoughts and prayers.
Beautiful drawing and sentiment... Thank you for being that Sunflower Friend to me! :)