Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fanged Fury!

One semi-sunny afternoon I was driving my son home from school. Because of the magnificent scenery out that direction, we often took the long way home, tooleying lazily along the empty country road, talking and gazing over vast vistas of hill, tree and sky.
.

There was a quiet companionable moment. The wheels of the car crunching over the gravel road and the sun shining down through a million drifting clouds, infused my heart with peace.

Then my son scared the life out of me. Suddenly he gave a whoop and a yell. "Stop, Mom," he shouted. "There's a dragon up there! See it?!" Peering up through the window, I stomped on the brakes, and we slid through the gravel to a flying stop.

Car doors hanging madly askew, we leaped out of the car. I, with camera in hand, my long-legged son loping across the road, excitedly pointing out the fanged fury he saw in the skies.

I looked. And indeed, there WAS a dragon in the sky! What an intelligent young man! This dragon is one of my very first cloud paintings. Because I did not have a Wacom at that time, my artwork was painstakingly done with the mouse.

The small photo below is what the original dragon cloud looked like! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Clytie said...

I love him! He's awesome!

Looking to the Stars said...

Beth, this is so cool! I love it :)

~Cheryl said...

What a cutie! I think his bark is worse than his bite.

Deann said...

How the heck did I miss the wonderful guy. I must have been in la la land. I love him he is fantazmagorical. Good Job!

Kristin - The Goat said...

These are so cool. My husband always laughs at me because I see things in clouds - I can see I'm not alone!