Friday, August 2, 2019

Apple Blossoms -Paint Party Friday

I did a lot of artwork this past week, as I waded through the emotions of losing one of our treasured volunteers.  This precious young man took his own life. 

I didn't have the heart to upload any of those pieces, so I've posted this drawing instead.

I love to make borders of twisted ribbon, flowers and tree branches.  This is a favorite pen and ink drawing of mine.  This one illustrates the detail which can be achieved by interlacing all those things.


Above you see my exquisite reference model,  Rena.  What a dear blessing she is to me.

Thank you for dropping by.  Your comments always brighten my day. Have a lovely week and Happy Paint Party Friday. 






5 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely work Beth. Sorry about the young man.

NatureFootstep said...

I am soo sorry to hear of your loss. It is a very sad thing to experience. :(

Love your woman drawing. I have said it before, they remind me of old fairytale illustrations :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, that is always a tragedy to lose someone this wa. Your art is beautiful, as always. All the best Beth, hugs, Valerie

JFM said...

Such sadness when someone takes their own life.
Your art is stunning and your model is perfect.

Hugs💮

Jennifer Rose said...

always hard to lose someone you know, sorry for your loss and in a difficult way :(