Tuesday, May 3, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight #31

I created Featured Art Tuesday Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another--this includes every type of medium, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.
 
For details on how to join FATuesday Artist Spotlight  
see the bottom of the page.
 
I hope you will join in the fun!


I only recently became acquainted with the incredible abstract photography of Leovi.  My sister found Leovi first--Clytie liked his work so much, she emailed me about his blog.  I was fascinated and inspired. 

Leovi describes his blog as, "Abstract pictures made ​​in analog and digital media with no tweaks or alterations of any kind. Abstract pictures made ​​in analog and digital media with no Alterations of Any Kind."  

To see Leovi's wonderful abstract photography visit La Foto Grafia Efectista Abstracta.  


I found Paulina Buncic's fabulous candles online.  Her descriptions of these handmade lovelies make my mouth water!  The above, as you can see, is pure art--they are crafted from fragrant wax.  Paulina makes these mini pies and tarts, soy candles, tea lights and party favor mini-baskets in her home.  Her candles are not only affordable, but she says they have a good scent "throw," even when unlit.  This sounds like my kind of home made candle!  

Paulina writes, " I think everyone should be able to enjoy the simple pleasure of a fragrant candle.  I love what I do..."

Happily, you can view and purchase these wonderful candles at Anam Cara Candles.


I have loved Ron DiCianni's artwork for years.  His artwork always tells a story and I LOVE story pictures!  I actually own a signed, numbered print of one of his pieces, entitled Safely Home.  Ron DiCianni's artwork will always be an inspiration to me.  

Of the painting above, Ron DiCianni writes, "In the days of kings and castles, there was an expectation of gallantry, courtesy, respect and loyalty for anyone who sought to marry the king's daughter.  Today, those traits between a man and a woman seem all too far gone.  But if God is our King, then aren't women His daughters?  In 'Daughter of the King,' the knight exudes chivalry while the modern day 'daughter of the king' reminds viewers that every woman should be treated as just that...a princess."

To see more of this incredible artist's work, visit Ron DiCianni Art.  He also has a fascinating video on the mural he painted entitled  The Resurrection.


Six years ago, when I started putting art onto the internet, I went through DA, an online art gallery.  There, I met Bena, also known as Peachfuzz.  She was warm and friendly and so encouraging.  I am grateful to her for her kindness and knowledge.  She has been, and continues to be a great inspiration to me.  I've learned SO much from this dear girl.

 In her description of the character above, this wonderful young artist writes, "Tigerfly is the Autumn creature. Make it show! Don't ever draw him in another season.  He only eats acorns and pumpkins, but also likes colorful leaves and dried flowers.  He is very friendly and affectionate, and very giving..."
  
To see more of this lovely artist's creative work, visit her gallery at PeachFuzz



My sweet Friend, artist Amber Day, has invented the cutest character.  He's a nifty black personality-plus cat named Onyx, who gets into all kinds of trouble.  I adore Onyx--what an inspiring little fellow he is!  Amber is an incredibly versatile artist who's talent just boggles the mind.  She even made a stuffed version of Onyx, which I would dearly love to own.  lol

Amber, a devoted stay at home Mom, artist and author writes, "I'm a self taught artist whose artwork has become very collected on eBay (animaegirl).  I've recently started dabbling in novel writing..."

You can see my friend's wonderfully eclectic art on facebook at Amber Day, or visit her blog, Doodles by Amber Day.

If you'd like to take part in FATuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you'd like to share.
*  Don't forget to leave a link on Linky tools.
*  Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Add a link to FATuesday in your blog entry.

5 comments:

Kristin Aquariann said...

Awesome features! And someday I'll draw something new so I can add it to your Linky. ;D

Clytie said...

Wow, another week of amazing artists to visit! I love how you spotlight artists who work in different mediums as well (photography, writing, digital art, candle making, jewelry ... ART). What an inspiration you are!!!

Unknown said...

Wow, awesome reviews of everything! Thanks for featuring my pie candles, I love making them, I just learned cupcake candles so they'll be on the site next. :)

Leovi said...

Beth thank you very much for your nice appreciation. Know that I am very happy to be with your interesting recommendations. Regards

Megan Coyle said...

What fun :) I love stopping by to check out your featured artists. So very inspiring :)