Wednesday, May 11, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight #32

I created Featured Art Tuesday Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another--this includes every type of medium, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.
 
For details on how to join FATuesday Artist Spotlight  
see the bottom of the page.
 
I hope you will join in the fun!

I was thrilled to find Barbara Newton's wonderful artwork--what an inspiration!  I love the personality and humor which springs to life through this artist's brush.  She is not only an incredible artist, but she's a teacher who loves to share her wealth of artistic knowledge through her fascinating new blog, How to Oil Paint 

Of her blog Barbara writes, "I have been painting and teaching art for a long time and still love it. It is part of my life. I am now on a learning curve to further my artistic abilities via the Internet. With the help of my friend Jo, whom I have known for 32 years (wow is it that long?) we have created a website on how to oil paint. Jo is my very fast-learning student and I guide her through the processes of making a beautiful painting."  I think I'm going to follow along.

To see more of Barbara's enchanting artwork visit Barbara Newton Art Gallery.

 
I love the artwork of Kyla Tomlinson.  She is an incredibly eclectic artist, who's myriad of interesting talents run deep in many directions.  She is a freelance animator, illustrator and concept artist, who's fascinating adventures as an artist, include working as an animator and clean-up artist on Titeuf, produced by Pathe films.  

Kyla writes, “I am passionate, creative and determined. I have a strong drive to push all aspects of my creative abilities and to achieve the best.”

To see more of Kyla's wonderfully eclectic art, visit Art of KT.  


I love my sister Clytie Garretson's art.  For years Sissy told everyone she wasn't an artist--but anyone who knew her, could see it just ooozing from her creative fingertips.   Sissy's amazing photography and charming eclectic art, include altered book art, Graffiti Art, poetry, writing and some pretty amazingly sewing projects.  

Some of Sissy's most touching art can be found on her randomly found hearts blog.  Clytie sees hearts everywhere.  I never cease to be amazed at her incredible ability to find them--or perhaps the truth is, they find her.  Clytie is an ever-present inspiration to me.  Her wisdom, love and prayers have followed me throughout my life. She is a blessing to me.

So why hearts?  Sissy responds, “Because random hearts are everywhere! In nature, in coffee, in piles of trash. In fact, finding hearts is very addictive. The more you find, the more you see. I hope you come to the place where you can't help but notice the hearts of YOUR world!” 

Sissy turned 50 on Monday--I'd love it if you'd drop by her blogs to wish her Happy Birthday!

To see Clytie Garretson's uniquely wonderful Heart Photography visit Random Hearts.  To see her amazing Graffiti Art, visit Random He'Art'Work.  She has a fascinating nature blog at Random Nature.  Her weird and wonderful gallery of startlingly gorgeous art photography can be found at Random Trash.
   

I have been a fan of Christina Cairns artwork for some time now.  Her artwork is truly enchanting.  Christina is an incredibly creative artist, who's crisp talent just pops from everything she puts her hand to.  I especially enjoyed reading how she came up with the Little Book of Nothing, pictured above.  She inspires me to think outside the box.

Christina writes, "The kettle is on, please do come in, up the winding stair and if you're tall, you might have to duck at the top to avoid the ridge beam!"  She is an artist after my own heart.
 
To see more of Christina Cairns' marvelous artwork, visit Christina Maira Cairns Original Art.  You can also read her captivating blog, A Mermaid in the Attic.     


The winter blues have turned to sunny thoughts
As snow and ice recede to lawns of brown
The clearing of debris from flower plots
Brings smiley faces back from dreary frowns
What Mother Nature took is now replaced
With optimistic hope for barren fields
As every bud that dropped is back in place
With promises of flowery, fruitful yields
The heart, just like Fall plantings, must be brave
Some patience is required to survive
But when it finds the sunshine that it craves
It truly is a joy to be alive!
And so it is with every living thing
We winter as we must, and then we SPRING!
~ Shirley Allard


I have always loved poetry.  Featured above is a sensational poet--Shirley Allard.  Her  thoughtful poetry is beautiful.  Her words are like the dance one hears in music, or how the wind sounds when it moves in the air.  

To peruse more of Shirley's wondrous poetry visit Whispers in the Wind

If you'd like to take part in FATuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you'd like to share.
*  Don't forget to leave a link on Linky tools.
*  Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Add a link to FATuesday in your blog entry.


5 comments:

Clytie said...

Another wonderful collection of amazing artists, sissie. I am awed, honored and humbled to be included in their midst! Thank you.

And thank you to all the other wonderful artists spotlighted here today. I will be visiting you soon!

Shirley Allard said...

Hi Beth,

Thank you for calling attention to so many deserving artists. I too am honored to be included with such talent.

Thank you,
Shirley Allard

Deann said...

Such great talent...I stopped by earlier in the week but my blogger was acting up for a couple of days so I couldn't leave a comment...hope you have a lovely week Sissy...love you.

How to Oil Paint - Ask Barb said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments. Positive feedback such as yours gives people the confidence that they sometimes need. Your site is so interesting and diverse. What a wonderful idea to feature the different talents and styles that are out there.

graffiti artists said...

really this is wonderful collection i like all these pictures