Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mesmerized

I had to laugh over this old visual I found when I was cleaning out my file cabinet. Through the 1980's and 1990's I did a lot of speaking with my Mom for women's groups. It looks like I updated the picture to reflect the changing time--originally I believe it was a "video" library.(grin) In those days we had overhead projectors, and I did a lot of my own cartoons. (Now-a-days we use power point and a computer!)
.
Anyhow, I found this illustration in a file for a seminar we did on creativity. One of the points had to do with how television robs us of time and creativity. I thought you-all would get a kick out of what I came up with to illustrate my thoughts. (Grin)

4 comments:

Clytie said...

Love the coat hanger on the antenna!
Great graphic though, it certainly gets your attention!

Nina P. said...

I'm laughing here... at least their DVD's and not VHS or 8 tracks!! LOL ;~D Grins and giggles... Love and Light, Nina P

Woman in a Window said...

Yes, the hanger. For many years it was me on my toes pinching the antennae. Tv can be creativity sucking if not balanced. To be honest I find blogging can either feed or suck too. It's a careful balance. I'm not doing so well.

JamaGenie said...

You know you're old when a 5-year-old look at the rabbit ears on top of the TV and says "What's that?"! What! No aluminum foil on the antennae for better reception? ;-)