Friday, June 28, 2019

Safety in the Storm -Paint Party Friday

I finished In the Storm for my sweet brokenhearted Friend.  At first I was not sure about the storm clouds--but I loved them after they were colored in.  In this drawing a broken heart is given into the hand of One who understands heartbreak and who is our refuge, strength and is always close in times of great distress.

David, the gentle Psalmist writes, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging..."  ~ Psalm 46: 1-4

Psalm 23 describes the Good Shepherd who loves and shelters his sheep.  I am so grateful for His love--and that he is near to me when my heart hurts the most.  In Psalm 34, the Psalmist sings these encouraging words, "He is near to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit

This morning a storm has blown in.  The day started with a beautiful sunrise, too!  Thank you for dropping by, sweet Friends.  Your comments brighten my entire day!  May blessing, joy and peace be yours.


8 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

this is incredibly poignant and beautiful Beth. You have such a gift with your drawings and colored illustrations. Happy PPF!

sirkkis said...

Impressive, beautiful painting and consoling words, Berth.
Have a great time and happy PPF 💜

Valerie-Jael said...

This piece is especially beautiful Beth, love it very much. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It is very lovely! I hope your friend feels better.

-Soma

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Beth, your artwork is always so heartfelt. Happy PPF and kindest good wishes to you and your friend 💜💜

Gillena Cox said...

A very comforting post Beth. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Have a blessed weekend

Much❤🕊❤love

DVArtist said...

Wow the color turned out fantastically!!!! You are just amazing.

Courtney said...

This is beautiful and I have no doubt it was very encouraging for your friend to receive it. I love that you are using your talent to encourage others...such a blessing to them. :)