Friday, July 12, 2019

Just Out of Reach -Paint Party Friday

A friend of mine who struggles to find words asked me to draw them as birds, just out of reach.  She describes the feeling of being on the edge of knowing what to say, but the words allude her.  I was once terribly shy--and in some circumstances, I still am--so I understand this helpless feeling of wordlessness.

This is the first of four drawings.  She gets to keep the one she likes best.

Have a great weekend, dear Friends.  Thank you for dropping by--your visits and comments are such an encouragement to my heart.  Happy Paint Party Friday!


14 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, this is stunning!!!

carol l mckenna said...

This is divine ~ Awesome creation!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I missed seeing your gorgeous illustrations, so I'm glad to be blogging again. You captured the feeling beautifully in your illustration too. Thanks for your visit and happy PPF!

Linda Kunsman said...

this is absolutely beautiful Beth.

NatureFootstep said...

this is beautiful. :) It could be me standing there. First I love birds being a birder, also I have a problem finding ....not words, but names and denotations :)
Thanks for this piece :)

Courtney said...

I absolutely love this. It's a beautiful illustration. I completely understand and feel the same way at times. It's hard to come up with the right words in the moment. Your friend will adore this. :)

Abigail Davidson said...

Oh Beth, this is so beautiful and clever! Always enjoy your style and how you're able to illustrate the message so wonderfully - lovely details!

BLOGitse said...

What a great idea!
On the other hand: there are too many (bad) words said and written today.
Only way to cope in this world is negotiation...

Jennifer Rose said...

clever placement of the words :)

DVArtist said...

This is just stunning Beth.

John's Island said...

Very cool and so kind! Your drawing is excellent and conveys the message perfectly.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

So beautiful!!

-Soma

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I'm glad I zoomed in for a closer look to see the words on the birds.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful. Love it.