Friday, June 21, 2019

Comfort in the Storm -Paint Party Friday

This is a gift I have been working on.  It is for a precious Friend, a little sister--who's heart has been broken.  I feel so helpless...   There is nothing I can do, except to pray for her. 

The Psalmist wrote, "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit."  This is my prayer for my sweet Friend and for all of you whose hearts have been broken.  That you would not feel abandoned.  So often when stricken with grief one feels so alone.  But we are not.  The Shepherd who loves us always lingers near. 

I love the Shepherd.  It is He who watches over me and my heart.  I have learned to trust the Shepherd with heartbreak--He is near to the brokenhearted.  He understands like no other.  "Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted." ~Matthew 5:4

Please click on the thumbnail to see the drawing closeup.  The thumb pic doesn't do it justice!  :D  Thank you for dropping by.  Your comments and sweet words mean so much to me.  Have a lovely weekend, dear ones!




8 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

my mind is split when it comes to this image. My first grandson died 7 weeks old and of course, we cried our eyes out. I have bad experiences of religion but some good ones when it comes to spirituality. This tiny boy made his precence clear to me in many occations. I heard my grandmothers voice the first time I visited him. And after 26 years I still notice his precense in a good way. I can´t talk to him but I know he and my grandmother is still around. No need for more tears.

Thanks for visiting me and liking my work.
Monica/NatureFootstep

Mia said...

What a beautiful drawing, Beth. I llllove the expression of the faces and the gorgeous waves. Kisses and Happy PPF, my friend!

Christine said...

This is so beautiful, a lovely sentiment Beth.

carol l mckenna said...

So lovely and well done artwork ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

thanks for reply :)

Tammie Dickerson said...

I love your post! Beautiful scripture to remember in times of grief, words I needed to hear. Thank you ❤

peggy gatto said...

I love both the drawing and the scripture you chose, lovely!

DVArtist said...

Beth you are so very generous in giving art and your love. Your friend will cherish this.