Thursday, May 29, 2014

Daughter of the Sea -Guest Heart Thursday


This graphite drawing from my sketchbook is the preliminary sketch for a commission I'm working on.  I'm drawing this for a dear friend of mine, who will be giving the finished piece to her daughter for her birthday!  


Above you can see the original photo I've been working from.  Her real name is Denise, and I have had so much fun figuring out what her hair should look like as a mermaid.  

Of course, I have hidden hearts in this drawing--how many can you find?

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like her seaweed tresses! :)

Leovi said...

Nice portrait, pretty and lovely mermaid!