Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight #42


I created Featured Art Tuesday Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another -- this includes every type of medium, sculpture, beading, watercolour, restoring vintage cars, pen and ink, oils, gardening, interior decorating, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry. The list goes on and on.

Each one of us is creative in one way, or another -- FATuesday Artist Spotlight celebrates the creativity found in every person.
For details on how to join FATuesday Artist Spotlight
see the bottom of the page.
I hope you will join in the fun!
 

I found Georgina Bedwell on facebook.  What a wonderfully whimsical artist she is!  I love the humor she instills into her darling drawings.  I am especially charmed by her cat characters.    She has a wonderful blog Midnight's Blog,  chronicling the fabulously funny adventures of one of her kitty characters--I found myself laughing out loud more than once.  One can see this talented artist's great love for all animals in her inspiring drawings.

Of herself, Georgina writes, “I'm an artist who loves animals and donates a portion of my art sales to animal rescues.”  I deeply admire this wonderful artist's dedication to animals in need.

To see more artwork by Georgina, visit her facebook page, Critter Corner (Midnight and Sunshine).  Happily, you can also buy her delightful artwork, on any number of fun items, at her Zazzle shop, Art by Georgina Bedwell.   


I became acquainted with Paige Curtis on DA years ago.  Her sweet face and dramatic poses can be seen in  many of my creations.  She is a darling girl who is not only beautiful outside, but is just as lovely inside--she reminds me of one of my own daughters.  Paige is a photographer and a gifted digital artist in her own right.  She also was the inspiration for my recent experimentation with Art Noeveau called Dancing Free. It is a great honor to know this precious young lady.

Paige writes, “Six years ago Dove-Stock got its start on the quickly-growing artist community, DA. I was 17 years old and looking for a creative outlet which was not easily available in my small home town. Today, those early photos have been used by artists around the world in countless creations, including book and album covers, website designs, and breathtaking paintings.  I have been humbled and amazed at the level of creativity a single stock image can inspire.”

To see more of Paige's truly breathtaking photos visit Dove-Stock.  You can also drop in to see her website on DA, at Dove Stock.  


Eldy is a new artist I found while perusing various artists who use graphite as a main medium.  This amazing artist's work inspired me to use graphite more often.  The personality she puts  into her subjects is captivating.  Reading the story of how this gifted artist persued her dream is an inspiration to every artist, including me.

In an excerpt from her description of her own artistic journey, Eldy writes of the year 2009, “… Most pieces were for learning how to use graphite more effectively. I gleaned as much info as I could from several drawing tutorial internet sites and put it to use as I went along. I could see improvement in my skills and drawing confidence every day. I ended up with 57 drawings for the year. Many grace the walls of the dog grooming shop we built on the property and the rest surround me  in my art loft. A wonderous and inspirational year!” 

To see more of Eldy's lovely artwork, visit Eldy's Space 

 Little Pixy Boots is another new artist.  I love her unique style.  This eclectic artist has a plethora of talents.  She is an independent TV producer, wedding videographer and photographer.  She's an aspiring film director and a free lance graphic designer.  It is no suprise her artwork is so delightfully imaginative.  

Of herself, she writes, “Little Pixy Boots is a self-taught Artist who has been illustrating since she is four years old (she is now in her official "30s"). Her first doodle was a few monster-like faces on the first few blank pages of her favourite Gulliver's Travels picture book, because she thought blank pages are meant to be filled up.”

To see more of this unusual artist's work, visit Little Pixy Boots Blog.  Happily you can find her artwork on all kinds of wonderful items, at her Zazzle shop, Little Pixy Boots Store


I found Lynda Wilson through Illustration Friday.  What a marvelous artist!   I was deeply inspired by her beautiful artwork and the subjects she chooses.  There is a lovely sense of story in each of her drawings.  

Lyndi writes, “I'm a children's book author and illustrator ~ creating works of whimsy brings me great joy. When not working on a book, a challenge illustration or pencil portrait, I'm often seen up to my elbows in mud, creating pottery.”  I would love to see some of her pottery one of these days!  

To see more of this artist's astonishing work, visit Lynda Farrington Wilson Strategic Creativity.
 
If you'd like to take part in FATuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you'd like to share.
* Don't forget to leave a link on Linky tools.
* Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Add a link to FATuesday in your blog entry.


1 comment:

Clytie said...

Oh sissie, what a wonderful group of artists you have found - I love the pixie gal! I think it's so cool that you spotlight so many different genres of art - because so many people truly ARE artists, they just don't realize it!!!