Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rescued

And Who hasn't read the stories from yesteryear, where the most beautiful damsel in the kingdom is tied to a post to await a horrific and tragic death at the claws and teeth of a terrible dragon. She must give herself up to her fate in order to save her people.

Then along comes our hero, who conquers the hungry dragon, and wins the hand of the fair maiden, not to mention her kingdom.


One wonders where such stories came from. I've wondered--Is it possible an ancient dinosaur habitually emerged from his lair to eat--terrorizing towns and cities, only to be vanquished by the hero of the day? Historical truth can sometimes be stranger than fiction. (grin)

3 comments:

Clytie said...

Another awesome drawing! I like the way the dragon, once the most important part of the story, is now vanquished and hidden behind fair maiden and warrior prince. I'm not sure, though, I would want to wear his weird shoes ....... :=}

Deann said...

You are one of the most prolific artists I have ever seen. What the heck do you do with all your drawings and cloud photos are they book illustrations or what?? I hope your making big bucks or memories and not just using them to line your birds cage. They are too wonderful.

Mescrap said...

Whoa !!! You amaze me all your drawings.

Marvelous !!!