Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Morning

When my children were small, Saturday mornings were a celebration--Bugs Bunny ruled the television set, and a myriad of toys covered the floors, draped across the coffee table and over the couch. I would sit in the midst of it all and sip my coffee, my face wreathed with smiles at the children's funny antics.

They are nearly grown now--In another year or so, we will experience what is fondly called an "Empty nest." Those years went by so quickly.

I am not sure I enjoyed my children as much as I could have. In the meantime, I smile remembering.

5 comments:

Clytie said...

Remember the old song "Saturday Morning Confusion"? I haven't thought of it in years! Looks like your mornings were a lot like mine. And we will be "empty nesting" together do you realize? Wow how time flies.

melissa said...

precious!

Mekeel McBride said...

You must be a professional illustrator. Your work is so full of love and life. Makes me so happy to read your blog and see your marvelous pictures!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

My nest is already empty. Thanks for reminding me of those lovely Saturday mornings.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

They grow up way too fast. My grand-daughters are already 11 and 8. Where does the time go?