Friday, November 27, 2015

Little Mary -Paint Party Friday


When she was five years old, my darling niece posed for this graphite drawing of Little Mary.  I love the Christmas Story.

I'm sure I have shared this before, but when I was a small girl I fell in love with the delightful drama of Joseph, Mary and the Babe.  To me, it was a wonderful story, filled with miracles, angels, laughter and tears.  In my mind's eye, I would picture every dramatic detail.  There is a beauty and truth about their story which still touches my heart today.

So, Merry Christmas and Happy Paint Party Friday, all you wonderful artists and beautiful people.  May the Creator shed His light and joy into your lives.  You are all precious to Him--and to me.  God bless you, dear ones--have a lovely weekend and thank you for dropping by.  ((hugs))  


10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your drawing is beautiful. Have a good weekend, and take good care of yourself, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

this is so beautiful for the season Beth!

How to Oil Paint - Ask Barb said...

Beautiful drawing Beth - so delicate.

Neesie said...

Ooh I just want to colour this beautiful drawing Beth,
Happy PPF to you

Faye said...

I love the sketch, Beth, and the story behind it. Your post is beautiful today. Thanks for sharing.

sirkkis said...

So peaceful and calm.
Have a happyweekend xx

Giggles said...

Such a sweet sketch...I can see a colouring book made with your lovely sketches! Have you considered it yet?

Hugs Giggles

peggy gatto said...

Such a sweet loving painting!

DVArtist said...

Really wonderful drawing. Have a nice Sunday.

Abigail Davidson said...

Such a darling drawing!