Thursday, June 12, 2014

Coffee Spot Beauty -Guest Heart Thursday



The story behind this sketch is rather funny.  The folks from ServPro were here cleaning up after our chimney fire.  It took almost five weeks for those wonderful ladies to deep clean this old place.  

I was sitting at the dining room table drawing a bit to pass the time, because there were people in my office.  Someone asked a question, and I left my sketchbook behind.  What I didn't realize, is that in my haste to be of help, I had dribbled coffee all over my drawing.

By the time I returned, the spots were already dry.  SO--I decided to make the coffee stains into flowers. Sometimes mistakes can be the best thing!  I really like how it turned out.  When I finish it, I'll likely use watercolors.

And of course, there are hidden hearts to be found--how many can  you see? 
 

Above is my reference photograph for this graphite drawing.  My lovely and talented model is Melissa, who's face I love to draw.  She is a wonderful Friend.

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.

3 comments:

Leovi said...

Very nice, I love the beautiful woman!

TexWisGirl said...

very clever. :)

happy early birthday to you!

Tammie Lee said...

i really adore how you turned an accident into flowers, that is how life can be, sweet. you are so dear and this is a lovely piece Beth!