Thursday, January 24, 2013

Nouveau Baby - Guest Heart Thursday


This is my beloved Sister Clytie and our youngest Sister.  The drawing was done in the style of Art Nouveau, which I love.  It was last year's Christmas gift--of course both sisters received a print. 

My inspiration was a small black and white photograph of my sisters when they were small.  I was a freshman in high school when our youngest sister was born--as a teenager, though I liked her, I wasn't as interested in a little one.  So, our baby sister became Clytie's delight.  Over the years the friendship between us has grown.  Our sweet baby Sis continues to be a blessing to this day--she is a lovely young woman--all grown up with a little girl of her own.

I love being a big sister--I am indeed rich in love and family.  How I thank God for them both.

There are hearts hidden in this picture, of course!

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday.
 









1 comment:

Laura said...

I wish I had the gift for drawing that you have dear Beth... but even more, I am grateful that YOU have it and share your art with all of us!