Tuesday, November 15, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight #54

I created Featured Art Tuesday Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another -- this includes every type of medium, sculpture, cooking, beading, watercolour, restoring vintage cars, pen and ink, oils, gardening, interior decorating, photography and crafts, including drama, writing and poetry. 
The list goes on and on.
 

Each one of us is creative in one way, or another -- FATuesday Artist Spotlight celebrates the creativity found in every person. 
To join us for FATuesday, link up at the bottom of the page. 
 

Helen Wheeler Shaw is new to me.  This fascinating artist has a unique way of viewing her world.  Her abstract pieces are just amazing.  She is a free-spirited New Zealander from Texas, happily painting at her studio in the Texas hill country.  Helen finds inspiration outside her own front window--the beautiful birds who inhabit her three-acre nature sanctuary.  Her work reflects her great love for all animals and the earth.

Helen writes, "My ' Helen essence' shines brightest when I am creating, or when I am surrounded by nature.  These two things are essential for my fulfillment and growth on this life journey.  Nature inspires, delights, enchants and sustains me…”

To see more of this wonderful artist's work, visit her art website, Helen Wheeler Shaw Bird and Botanical Art.  You can also follow her adventures in art on her blog, The Willow's Nest.  


Andrea Pratt's artwork is so inspiring.  I love the detail she puts into her pieces.  Each drawing has hidden patterns and meanings.  Her charming artwork intrigues me--I want to look and look--and keep on looking.

Andrea writes, “Art, for me, is about creating meaning and order from an unruly and constantly moving herd of ideas. Oil and acrylic paint, coloured pencils and my camera all feature prominently in my toybox. I am drawn to both natural and built environments (and their intersection), primitive symbolism and patterns, bones, crows, canoes and houses. Being lucky enough to live where I do, the inspiration for most of my paintings and drawings is rooted in the natural world, but I like to combine imagery in unexpected ways.”

To see more of this intriguing artist's beautiful work, visit Coloring Outside the Lines.


Darlene is self taught artist who loves to create using a variety of mediums including oils, watercolor, acrylics, porcleain clay, paperclay, papermache, and glass medium. I find her eclectic use of mixed media art and papermache extremely inspiring.  She is not only a gifted artist, but is a wonderful person with one of the biggest, most loving hearts I’ve ever known.  I am privileged to call Darlene my Friend.

Darlene writes, “I am a mixed media artist who is a believer in following your hearts dreams and wishes. My background experience includes in oils, watercolors, stained glass, glass fusion, porcelain dolls, polymer clay dolls, and currently Mixed media and paper art. I enjoy creating art to make for all occasions…”

You can see more of this talented artist's charming artwork at A Dancing Mango.  Happily, you can also buy her artwork from her Etsy Shop, A Dancing Mango -Where the magic of the past lives.   


I am inspired by Michael Shapcott's use of highly detailed graphite underdrawings, which he treats so they won't smudge--then paints with colorful washes in oil and acrylic paints.  In addition to his paintings, this Connecticut artist creates art videos which track the process of his paintings and highlight his unusual style.  He credits his education for basic technical experience.  However, he believes it was only after breaking with many of the traditional methods he was taught, that he developed the confidence, unique voice and style he has today.

Michael writes, "I have learned that you must above all else believe in yourself and your worth and be brave enough to live the life you choose. Being a full-time artist is about doing what you love every day, expressing yourself, touching others lives with your art, and making a unique mark on the world – but it is not for the lighthearted. Our lives depend on it. This is how we earn our living, how we spend most of our time and energy, what we pour our deepest passions into, how our face is shown to our loved ones and to the world. We don’t just want to succeed. We have to.  I do this because I love it and what I aspire for is to reach out and touch viewers of my work, making sure that those who see my paintings see something that enriches their experience."

 You can find more of this incredible artist's amazing art on his blog at Michael ShapcottYou can also find an additional array of this artist's work in his DA art gallery at Michael Shapcott.  


I fell in love with the bright colors and whimsical detail of Terri Kahrs lovely artwork.  There is something about her art, which inspires the child in my heart to dance.  Terri's joyful artwork inspires me to experiment with color and patterns.  

Terri writes, “For a short time I entertained the idea of being either a butterfly or a beautiful, mystical Unicorn. But all along, thoughts of being a dog were always strong…”  

To see more of Terri's happy artwork, visit Pringle Hill Studio

If you would like to take part in FATuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you want to share.
* Don't forget to leave your link on Linky tools on this page.
* Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Add a link back to FATuesday in your blog entry.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth.. What a grand surprise!
Thank you so much for sharing my art and your feelings. I value your opinion greatly.
I am so honored that you would think of me.. I am always willing to share too..:-)
These others artist are wonderful too.. Pringle Hill Studio is one I love.. Terry is fabulous.. and so are all these other artists. Thank you Beth.. love you.. ♥

andrea said...

Thanks, Beth. I'm honoured, truly! Must stop here awhile and visit all the others, too!

Unknown said...

well that was a lovely surprise ! thank you Beth .. there are lots of other great artists here for me to now go and explore!!
Cheers , Helen

Megan Coyle said...

ohhh, I love your picks for this FATuesday! Plenty of inspiration to last all week.

Tammie Lee said...

Gorgeous collection of artists Beth! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhh, Beth! Thank you sooooo much for featuring me in your Spotlight!! You've made MY spirit dance - and your description of style made me smile . . . I love telling people that I'm very much in touch with "the child inside of me"! Again, thank you, thank you for your generosity and kindness! ♥ Terri