Tuesday, November 8, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight #53

I created Featured Art Tuesday Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another -- this includes every type of medium, sculpture, cooking, beading, watercolour, restoring vintage cars, pen and ink, oils, gardening, interior decorating, photography and crafts, including drama, writing and poetry. 
The list goes on and on. 
 
Each one of us is creative in one way, or another -- FATuesday Artist Spotlight celebrates the creativity found in every person. 
To join us for FATuesday, link up at the bottom of the page. 



The wonderful doodle art of Aimee Myers Dolich makes me laugh.  Sometimes, her presentation of poignant thoughtful words fills my eyes with tears.  I LOVE how Aimee sees her world and brings it into mine.

Aimee writes of her newest adventure,  “After five years in a quirky little college town in Kansas, life is now taking me to the east coast. I hope you'll join me on my new adventure as I learn how to navigate urban mania once again. who knows what we'll find?”  I wish you all the best in your new digs, Aimee!

To follow the adventures of this wonderfully creative artist, visit Artsyville.  Happily, once she's all settled in on the East Coast, you will be able to purchase her artwork from her Etsy Shop, Artsyville.  You can also find Aimee on Facebook at Artsyville.



I have only recently become acquainted with the wonderfully detailed artwork of Ester Wilson.  Her use of patterns, color and shading boggle the mind.  She's inspired me with her spectacular use of detail and simplicity.  I love the fact she likes to draw to classical music.  Music tells a story and Ester becomes the storyteller.

Ester writes, “I’ve been drawing since age two, and have always felt the need to continue making images. I feel in my core that there is nothing more important than creating. I think that strong feeling has always been there with me, and so I decided to give it full attention and see how deep I can go with it; how much I can learn about myself through art.”

To see more of this amazing artist's work, visit Daily Drawings.  


The work of Cathy Holtom is stunning.  Her use of colors is so inspiring to me.  I love the tones she chooses for each of extraordinary pieces.  Each of her drawings evokes a feeling almost like a song.

Cathy writes, ”My art is an expression of an emotion about a time or place.  I start with a sketch, a photograph or just a passing glance of something that remains in my mind.  I work predominately with coloured pencils but I also like to use other mediums such as watercolour and oil depending on the mood or effect I want to create.”  

You can find more of Cathy's lovely pieces on her blog, Down a Dusty Lane

I was having a bad day the moment I found Ernie D'Elia's hilarious illustrations.  His capacity for expressing fun in his artwork just fills my eyes.  I was inspired by his Animals on the Go series--which includes an Elephant in an Elevator and the above Shark in Shopping Cart.  What great fun.  Thank you for making me smile, Ernie.

Ernie writes, “…I use acrylic paint on illustration board. Occasionally I throw in some ball point pen, and a colored pencil or two, but mostly good old fashioned paint!”  

To see more of this gifted artist's work, visit Ernie D'Elia Illustration.  You can also find him on Facebook at Ernie D'Elia Illustration.


I found Elizabeth Rose Stanton through Illustration Friday.  What a wonderful artist!  Her sense of humor makes me grin.  I love the simplicity of line she uses to project an idea onto paper.  She inspires me to see the fun in life.  I enjoy this gifted artist's view of the world.

Elizabeth writes,  “I spend most of the time wandering around my right brain, bumping in to things that go bump in the night.”

To see more of Elizabeth's fabulous artwork, visit Pens Paper Studio.


If you would like to take part in FATuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you want to share.
* Don't forget to leave your link on Linky tools on this page.
* Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Add a link back to FATuesday in your blog entry.

2 comments:

Ester Wilson said...

Thanks very much Beth! I appreciate your post :)

Clytie said...

I love the artists you featured today, sissie! I'm especially mesmerized by Cathy's leaf! The colors are fantabulous!