Wednesday, February 16, 2011

FAT Tuesday Artist Spotlight #21

I created Featured Art Tuesday (FAT Tuesday) Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another--this includes every type of medium, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.  
I hope you will join in the fun!


I have only recently became acquainted with Anna's beautiful artwork.  The whimsical quality of her drawings delights my  heart and fills my eyes.  The kitty pictured above is especially sweet.

Anna writes, "I have been painting all my life since I remember me. When I was a child, I read a book where story hero Karandash painted pictures, which become alive as soon as they had been finished. I thought if I will learn to paint really good, my pictures will become alive some day too. This child dream still lives deeply in my heart. I know it will never happen, but I feel addicted to magic of painting and drawing, because it makes our life so emotional and colorful."  I can identify with Anna--when I was a little girl I would dream the same kinds of dreams. 

To see more of Anna's art, visit Art by Anna.

I first became acquainted with Bob through my friend Amber.  He is a truly amazing artist and a nice guy, too.  Most of his unique pieces are ACEOs.  The incredible detail he puts into his "Bone Work" art is stunning.  Happily, you can find his artwork for sale on Ebay at b.l.ink!  I have seen his work in real life--it is beautifully made. 

Bob writes, "...My life has been good for the most part.  I draw, I live, I work, I raise my son as best I can, and hope that is good enough for all things to turn out well in the end."

To see more of Bob's wonderful bone art stylings visit Bone Work by Bob.

Julia Christie is a graphic artist, who's work woos the eye.  The exquisite detailing in her artwork is lovely.  I like her stories and I have enjoyed reading the step-by-step descriptions of her own creative process.  She is a dear lady who's work is truly marvelous.

Julia writes, "I live on the west coast of Washington State on an island. The San Juan Islands are my neighbors and yes, I do know how lucky I am. I am fortunate to have fallen in love with the most wonderful man in the world...For some reason, he continues to fancy me too. I am a mother first and foremost and it is such an incredible privilege to guide my little ones as they learn how to navigate through this world. Mothering can consume me ~ I'm trying to make a little room for me again tho, so I'm working on writing my first novel. I've also rediscovered the artistic side of myself and am having a blast finding artistic inspiration everywhere!"   Thank YOU for inspiring us, dear Julia!

 To see more of Julia's fascinating work, visit Serendipity - A Mother's Tale.


I have been a big fan of Al's for a long time, now.  He has a way of seeing our world which bewitches the  eyes.  His work is truly breath-taking!  I count it a privilege to know this talented photographer.  He has been and continues to be an inspiration to me.

Al writes, "Born in London, I've lived in The Netherlands, New York, and Washington DC. Now I've settled down in Colorado and love taking pictures. Unless otherwise stated, all pictures are taken by me with my Nikon D40X. I do almost no photo editing - occasionally I will crop or remove a dust spot, but that's all. What comes out of the camera is what you see here."

To see more wonderful photography, visit Al's Photography Blog.

I met Prospero through my sister Clytie.  I have been a big fan for quite some time.  This artist philosopher often ties his photography to words and phrases in such a way, I find myself fascinated to find the link between the two.  His artistic photography is startlingly beautiful, wonderfully thought-provoking.  I want to add that his lovely assistant Angelina, is especially adorable. 

To see more visit Prospero at the Serendipitous Garden.

* Upload what you want to share onto your blog.
*  Don't forget to leave a link to your art on Linky tools.
*  Be sure to visit other artists who have left their link.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Be sure to leave a link to FAT Tuesday on your blog page.

4 comments:

Julia Christie said...

Beth, I can't thank you enough for this honor! I have visited Fat Tuesday's several times and am always inspired by all of the great artists you showcase. Thank you so much for including me in this great group!!

You just made my week!

Smiles

Heather said...

This is such a great idea, Fat Tuesdays! Love it. I am a friend of Julia's through the blog world and am so happy to see her work featured here. She's amazingly talented! I love what she is doing with her art!!

I enjoyed reading about the other arists, too! have a great day!
Heather

Al said...

Beth, thank you so much for featuring my blog on FAT. You're too kind with your praise! I'm going to make it a point to check back here often. Have a great weekend!

Tammie Lee said...

oh, eye candy each and every artist is a treasure! Thank you for sharing them all with us.