Friday, January 12, 2018

Beauty From Ashes -Paint Party Friday

This bit of art is a little different than my usual art.  There was a page in my sketchbook covered with steaks of color as well as scratchings from micron pens.  I'd been testing colors and nib sizes for another drawing.  But, it was really good paper and I didn't have the heart to toss it.  So--I decided to doodle--and as a result--this drawing.

In some ways this drawing depicts in part, another major heart shift.  The sweet words I heard were "beauty from ashes." I don't know what that means yet, but I am looking forward to discovering what is ahead.  This past year has been one of the most difficult yet since my Beloved flew away to heaven. 

Part of my struggle has been that of becoming the woman I am to be without my Beloved.  I was married much longer than I was single...and we were partners.  There are questions....Who am I really?  I am who I am when I am by myself.   Once again I have realized the person I become now, depends upon the things I put into my heart and life.

Those ingredients are, first of all, time with God and doing His will in my life--then treasuring family and friends.  Acquiring wisdom, knowledge and purpose--maybe even taking some college courses.  Then there are celebration, beauty, laughter...and tears. 

I think my Darling would be proud of me so far, and that is a dear comfort.  The truth is, though I am discovering who I am as a single person--that person was shaped by my Beloved--he made my life an adventure.  We learned so much together.  (sigh)  I miss him.

Blessings to you in your life's journey dear ones--thank you for dropping by, and Happy Paint Party Friday.



3 comments:

DVArtist said...

Finding your way is not always an easy task, but I do believe that you are a woman of means, spirit and love. Your art will also bring you to you are. Love N

Giggles said...

Sounds like a deep awakening is happening.. I love this intuitive piece too...it is truly gorgeous and very fitting for this revelation!! It is the same when you become divorced after a long marriage. Finding who you truly are is your salvation!!

Peace Giggles

Katie Jeanne said...

The drawing is beautiful. I can't imagine what you're going through, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find all the answers you're looking for.