Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Curious Little Faery

I was doing some Spring cleaning yesterday, when I thought I heard a gentle tapping, tapping. Sitting back onto my heels, pumice stone in hand, I saw (with my imagination, of course), a curious little faery waving down at me through the bathroom window.

"Come out and play in the garden," said she. "What are you doing in there, anyhow?"

I carefully balanced the pumice stone on the edge of the porcelain, er, fixture I was scrubbing. Then I removed my gloves. I set aside the Windex, Comet, Kaboom & bleach, and pushed the hair out of my eyes. "Not something I enjoy much," I replied.

She smiled. "Come out to the garden. The goldfish are awake, flowers are beginning to bloom, and the earth is stirring from its sleep."

And so I did. That very moment.

5 comments:

Clytie said...

This is one of my very favorite drawings you've done. Her personality just sparkles.

Catherine said...

Lovely drawing, Beth. And how smart of you to put your cleaning supplies down and follow her right into your garden!

~Cheryl said...

Who could resist joining her?

Anonymous said...

The imagination is a wonderful and powerful tool. I hope you had fun outdoors with your faery.

Tammie Lee said...

Such a lovely friend you have.