Friday, October 25, 2019

Levi's Fantastic Adventure -Paint Party Friday


Two weeks ago my dear friends lost their sweet three-year old boy, Levi, to a rare type of brain cancer.  I was honored when his grandparents asked me to draw a picture of him with some very specific details.

Levi loved giraffes and sports.  He adored trains, too.  They also asked for a garden, ladybugs and those wonderful trees with Mount-Kilimanjaro in the background.  He loved the color blue.

When he saw the picture, Grandpa Nick said, "Only you could have done this."  And when I told him how many people had been praying while I worked on it, he replied, "I see God's hand all over this drawing." That is one of the greatest compliments I've ever been given.  I felt God guiding my pencil as I drew.

Above is my reference picture.  Isn't he the cutest, sweetest little fellow?  Please pray for his family as they grieve.

God bless you dear ones, thank you for dropping by--you are always, always a great encouragement to my heart. Happy Paint Party Friday!




12 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

This is so awesome, art for condolence. Stay blessed dear Beth
Happy you dropped by my blog today

Much🖼💞🖼love

Christine said...

Beautiful if sad drawing Beth,may the little guy rest in peace. Sending prayers for the family.

Valerie-Jael said...

A beautiful piece to remember this darling boy. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Hugs, Valerie

Sue (this n that) said...

A dear, sweet and beautiful remembrance artwork for such a lovely little boy.
I'm sure your tender drawing will be treasured Beth xx

Rain said...

Oh Beth, that is a dear and heart-warming tribute to the poor little boy. So unfair to be taken away so young. Your sketch is beautiful, lovely detail, and very poignant. xx

Linda Kunsman said...

I have goosebumps all over. God bless dear Levi's little soul. You have honored him with immense spirit and love in your beautiful painting. Love and prayers to the family.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

So sad! You certainly captured the beautiful spirit of the little boy in your painting. It will be treasured. My condolences to the family!

-Soma

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

How sad, poor little fellow. A lovely piece of art to remember him by.

NatureFootstep said...

How wonderful! You gave the boy everything he wanted and liked. His family will see him every time they see the image. :)

Jennifer Rose said...

very sweet piece for the family to have

BLOGitse said...

Like others say, lovely picture for the family...

Tammie Lee said...

So very sad.
Your art is a lovely tribute for the family.
Your love and prayers are obvious in it.