Friday, September 27, 2019

Lady of the Mist -Paint Party Friday

I am going to be away from my computer for a few days and it has been incredibly busy this week, hence I am re-posting a pen and ink drawing done when I was in the hospital for almost two weeks, being treated for MRSA. 

Whimsical memories of the Lady of the Mist come from my imaginative childhood.

I remember sometimes thick ropes of mist would visibly move through the trees of the forest next to our home. The mist would daintily coil above fields, and tiptoe through the blueberry bushes. Sometimes I thought I saw a lovely woman with soft trailing draperies wafting to and fro, in a silent elegant dance.

As an adult, my imagination is alive and well. Early summer mornings, I sometimes catch the Lady of the Mist gracefully twirling over the ripples of the river near where I live. I once watched her whisping through a grove of oak trees, murmuring to a flock of sheep sheltering there.

Except for the sheep (who are huddled out of sight in the thicket) this Pen and Ink was my imaginative rendition of The Lady of the Mist softly dancing among the towering oak trees.

Thank you for dropping by, sweet Friends.  You are such an encouragement to my heart!  Have a blessed weekend and Happy Paint Party Friday!




10 comments:

Clytie said...

Yes, I have seen her and felt her presence! You certainly caught her beauty.

~Cheryl said...

I enlarged it just in case those wooly sheep were hidden in the tree branches instead! :)

Catherine said...

Love, love, LOVE this story and drawing... I can envision her swirling about. I'll be on the lookout... with our Pacific Northwest weather, I'll have a good chance of seeing her!

Sue (this n that) said...

Dear Beth, you weave the most beautiful imagery with your words ... and then you bring the most gorgeous lady of the mist to life in your art. Really enchanting.
Wishing you a Happy PPF xx
(p.s. a gentle note: it looks like you may not yet had time to link up with PPF this week? Hugs :D))

Christine said...

Beautiful lady of the mist Beth!

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful 'Lady of the Mist' ~ You have a delightful art style ~ love it!

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Victoria said...

Beautiful and enchanting..thanks for sharing your magic. She is wonderful.
Victoria

NatureFootstep said...

lovely Lady of the mist. :) I rarely see the mist that way as I live in the city. But sometimes I go out early in the morning if I think there is a chance to see it. It is wonderful to see.

BLOGitse said...

I agree with others, this is lovely. Hours, more hours drawing this...
It's good to have drawing equipment with you, always :)

sirkkis said...

Lovely drawing, Beth, and perfect for your beautiful words.
Have good time, I'm waiting for you back ❤️