Friday, January 13, 2017

Dreams of Flight -Paint Party Friday

I finally had to take a moment and just draw.  I haven't had much time for art, since just before Christmas.  I couldn't sleep one night and this popped out of my brain.

Years ago I was treated to a hot air balloon ride.  It was an amazing experience--one of the highlights of my life.  It was exactly like I felt as a child when dreaming of flying in the sky high above my home.  To be in the air above the ground in that way seemed so natural and right.  Here this little fairy is dreaming of flying... 

She will be in one of my coloring books someday.  I am happy to announce I did a one-time run for a coloring book--self published and sold a few copies through facebook and by word of mouth.  It has been an exciting time for me.  Now that I see people really seem to like them, I'll be doing one through Amazon.

Have a lovely week and Happy Paint Party Friday!








7 comments:

Fran said...

Great drawing. Good luck with your coloring book.

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

Dreaming of flying was very natural for me even as a younger adult and I loved those dreams. It's intersting that we are being directed back to colouring books. I think playing a musical intrument or even singing is more relaxing and less strain on the eyes that are already too focused on screens of gadgets,

Clare Lloyd said...

She is lovely

Giggles said...

Beautiful, that's awesome going through Amazon! Self publishing is such a great start...gives wings to the idea!! You should be so proud of yourself!

Hugs Giggles

DVArtist said...

wonderful drawing. I have self published 5 books and have done very well with them over the years. Good luck.

Sue (this n that) said...

Beautiful artwork Beth. You'll do well with your colouring books :D)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous drawing!

Love and hugs
Maarit