Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beautiful - Sunday Scans


Here is my attempt at Art Nouveau, a style made famous by the artist Alphonse Mucha.  This watercolor painting is the size of a baseball card--these tiny pieces of artwork are called Artist Trading cards, otherwise known as an ATC, or ACEO card.

I love Art Nouveau--the style pleases my eyes.  So far, I have not found any kind of tutorial on how to draw in this style so I'm on my own.  If anyone out there has any tips on how to draw Art Nouveau, I would love to hear from you.  I have so much yet to learn!

Al's Photography Blog, by our good friend Al, hosts "Sunday Scans" each week.  I have so enjoyed this meme!  Sunday Scans is a place for all things scanned.  So pick up your old photo albums, ephemera, postcards, artwork, ANYTHING which can be scanned and join in the fun!

Beautiful, an original piece of Artwork, can be purchased at my Etsy Shop BethLeda Artworx.

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

on your own is a good thing Beth, this is wonderfully beauteous.

Al said...

I'm impressed - I don't know how you get such detail on such a small thing. It's wonderful!

Looking to the Stars said...

Wow, this is really great! Of course it would be because you are a great artist :)

Thanks for all your prayers and postive thoughts for my fatehr in law. Surgery went well, he is doing great & there is no cancer any where else, they got it all :)