Friday, April 13, 2018

Forest Moon -Paint Party Friday


Today is Friday the 13th.  Many folks believe it is an unlucky day.  Rather than cowering from the day's bad reputation, I have chosen to honor the beauty of dawning Springtime.  The drawing above is of a sweet deer who, a couple of nights ago, haphazardly wandered through the woodlands of my heart onto my sketchbook.

There is so much to see and experience...so much for which to be thankful. And the greatest blessing of all?  Not just the loveliness of Spring as it unfolds, but life and love.

Thank you so much for dropping by sweet Friends--your visits are another reason to be thankful!  Have a lovely weekend, dear ones.  Happy Paint Party Friday!

15 comments:

Christine said...

Such a gorgeous spring piece Beth, warmed my heart too.

sirkkis said...

How lovely that this sweet deer brings spring to you. Beautiful drawing, Beth.
Have a happy week a head 💕

Mel said...

Love your reindeer drawing... so calm and beautiful.

Victoria said...

Super-beautiful, enchanting !Happy PPF!

Faye said...

Beautiful and peaceful drawing, Beth. I love to watch the deer as they wander through my back yard or sometimes lie down to rest. Only downside is the ticks they leave behind and the shrubbery leaves they eat. Your drawing is very sweet and speaks of springtime.

Giggles said...

Gorgeous drawing and I agree with your philosophy!
Beautiful perspective!

Peace Giggles

stefanie stark said...

This wonderful woodland scene is quite delightful. And it's such a lovely story, how the sweet deer wandered through the woodlands of your heart onto your sketchbook.

peggy gatto said...

Lovely layout, nice balance to a beautiful piece!

NatureFootstep said...

such a wonderful deer. :) Gorgeous work!

DVArtist said...

I have always honored Friday the 13. It is a lucky day for me. So I very much appreciate this post. Your sketch is lovely. I have said it before but I will say it again. Your details are excellent and there is always such good balance to your art. Always beautiful.

carol l mckenna said...

There is such beauty in the simplicity and elegance of your deer and moon painting! Love it!

Namaste,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It's a lovely spring scene. Thanks for your visit to my blog and comments too.

Linda Kunsman said...

a soothing and lovely drawing Beth. And I do like the way you think about Friday the 13th:)

Nordljus said...

Beautiful drawing, love your line and composition, and how your deer came on to the page! They are such gorgeous creatures.

Lisabella Russo said...

Oh that is so sweet and beautiful. I love it!