Friday, February 17, 2017

A Time for Weeping -Paint Party Friday

February has been especially hard for me.  I have a fondness for the book of Ecclesiastes, written by King Solomon and found in the Old Testament of the Bible.  He was the wisest man in the world and had a lot of wonderful things to say.  In chapter three, he writes, "there is a time for weeping and a time for laughter."  Ah, how true that is.  This has been a month of tears for me, as I miss my Beloved with all my heart.

David, who was King Solomon's Father wrote the songs found in the Psalms.  He wrote, "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted And saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18) I have felt the crushing burden of grief, where I am hardly able to function under the terrible pain of sadness.  I  miss the love of my life.  Yet there is hope. 

I will choose to trust the Lord--the One Who loves me--He will bring me through these tears and there will be joy in the morning.

Have a lovely weekend, dear Friends.  





No comments: