Thursday, September 20, 2012

I'm In Love With My Car -Guest heart Thursday


My first car was a 1964 Volkeswagon Bug.  Her sturdy engine was manufactured in Germany and she sported a Porsche distributor.  I was 19 years old and she was the apple of my eye.  I remember going up into the mountains with a friend of mine to learn how to stop and start on hills.  What a fun time in my life.  She was almost a real person to me. Her name was Pepi le Piu Flea Longstock, Jr. (aka stinky little furry feet, the second).  She was named after a puppy I loved.

I still miss that little car.  Remember the old song by Queen--I'm in Love With My Car.  I could so relate.  She and I shared so many adventures together.

This picture was drawn a'way back when, from an old, OLD sketchbook of mine.  As you can see this scan wasn't perfect and the sketchbook was very old.  I was feeling nostalgic this morning and thought you would enjoy seeing one of my early doodlings.  Have a fabulous day, everyone!

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 

3 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

you are so right
i enjoyed seeing your sketch
and hearing about your bug
so cute!
xx

Clytie said...

Oh yes, I remember that car!!! Do you remember when we almost floated down the flooded Fanno Creek? Talk about a rush!

Erwin Calverley said...

You have lots of memories with your first car! Was the name, Pepi le Piu Flea Longstock, Jr., inspired by Pepe Le Pew of Looney Tunes? How about a nickname? Where’s your mini car now?

-Erwin Calverley