Tuesday, August 9, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight #43


I apologize for missing last week's Artist Spotlight.  My computer died--how grateful I am to the two fellows who got it up and running again!  It's great to be back.  Have a lovely week, everyone.

I created Featured Art Tuesday Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another -- this includes every type of medium, sculpture, beading, watercolour, restoring vintage cars, pen and ink, oils, gardening, interior decorating, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry. The list goes on and on.

Each one of us is creative in one way, or another -- FATuesday Artist Spotlight celebrates the creativity found in every person.
For details on how to join FATuesday Artist Spotlight
see the bottom of the page.
I hope you will join in the fun!

I became acquainted with the bronze sculpture of Austin Barton years ago.  We had the privilege of privately touring some of the museums and art galleries of Joseph, Oregon.  While there are many western artists to be found--none is more remarkable than the stunning grace and sheer personality Austin Barton catches in each of his bronze pieces.  I am proud to say, Mr. Barton is a native Oregonian--he grew up making a living breaking horses, working on farms and ranches.  As a young boy, Austin’s dream was to become an artist.  Indeed, this amazing artist's personal experience and great love of the old West is reflected in each of his exquisitely detailed sculptures.  

Of the sculpture above, Austin writes, “When working with horses, especially in the days of ole’, there were always surprises, both for the horse and rider. In his famed bronze “Attitude Adjustment”, a viewer must decide who is adjusting who.”

To see more of Austin Barton's wonderful sculpture, visit Bronze Sculpture by Austin Barton.  For a look at more incredible Western artists, visit Kelly's Gallery on Main.



I found Ted Blackman's artwork through Illustration Friday several months ago.  His cartoons hit my funny bone. His way of looking at the world is delightfully quirky and sometimes macabre, yet at the same hilariously funny.  He has a wonderfully unique way of looking at the world. He makes me laugh and inspires me to look at things in a different light altogether.

Mr. Blackman writes, “I work in the animation industry in Southern Calif as a development artist and art director, and have been fortunate to have worked on many high-profile shows during my long career, including development and art direction on the original "Batman Animated" series, and visual development on "The Incredibles", and "Cloudy with A Chance Of Meatballs". Currently I'm an art director at Warner Bros animation.”  

To see more of Ted's wacky artwork, visit Ted Blackman's Crotchety Comics.



Gay McKinnon is an inspiring artist.  She has the uncanny ability to express an entire story with a few simple, yet charming lines.  Gay has a multitude of stylings and is gifted in many art mediums.  This eclectic artist also makes the most delightful glass sculptures and sells original glasswork from her own studio.  

Gay writes, “I’m an artist based in Hobart, Tasmania. I run a small glass studio and am studying children's book illustration.” 

To see more of Gay's wonderfully diverse work, visit Silvergum Studio.  



I have a great love for classic cars and a deep admiration for those who take their time to work on them.  Restoring a beautiful old car, in my opinion, is art.  I was floored by the amount of work Frank "the Crank" put into this wonderful old Mercury.  Frank is a truly talented artist.

He writes, “I have been messing with cars and cameras since I was around 14. That's when I got my first car and my first camera - a 1961 Triumph Spitfire and a 35mm Argus. So you might say I have had my share of "hands-on" experience with both hobbies.” 

To check out Frank's fabulous work, visit Frank's Classic Car Blog at the Amber Light Garage.



I found Louise's charming work through Illustration Friday.  What a wonderful artist she is!  Her designs are smart and sharp.  In fact, this gifted artist patterns wonderful designs for tee shirts!  When I see her work, I am inspired.

Louise writes, “I am an illustrator, currently studying at the University of Cumbria. I love traditional art, especially that done with ink and lino printing. You know when I am bored because lots of stuff get posted on my blog.”

To see more of Louise's unusual illustrations, visit Louise Hubbard Illustration and Design.  Happily, you can purchase tee shirts with her wonderful designs, at her Threadless Tees shop, Louise Hubbard.
 


If you'd like to take part in FATuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you'd like to share.
* Don't forget to leave a link on Linky tools.
* Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Add a link to FATuesday in your blog entry.

4 comments:

Clytie said...

Once again, sissie, you have found so many wonderful and inspirational artists!!! I LOVE that old car! As soon as I can, I will be visiting these amazing people!!!

P.S. I'm so glad your computer is well again! I hate it when computers get sick!!!

Gay McKinnon said...

Thanks again Beth for featuring me. Your blog is beautiful. On top of all the eclectic artwork you've featured, your own art works are so gorgeously coloured and the linework is superb.

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for featuring me! It is very much appreciated!

angelself said...

Glad to have you back! As always, a wonderful FAT =) Kathryn