Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Lady and the Lambs

This is my graphite rendering of an old picture my Mother loved. It was a gift from long ago--the person who gave it to Mums said she looked just like this beautiful woman. It is true! Indeed, in her younger years, Mumsie was beautiful--but not in the classical sense. She is still lovely--a stately yet mischievous and fun lady whom everyone loves.

Years ago, when color programs were first coming out, I scanned my sketch into the computer, then played with the paint programs. I was astonished to see so much color coming from a grey and white graphite drawing--I saved the results. But after that, any attempts to recreate the color patterns failed. I wonder . . .
.
MERRY CHRISTMAS! Let the wonderful of the Christmas story fill your hearts with joy!

6 comments:

Grannie Annie said...

Okay...well this is just absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Why don't you get some Christmas cards published with your lovely artwork Sis. {Hugs}

~Cheryl said...

Yes! So beautiful.... in every way!

Binoy Mathew said...

beautiful work... and I wish you and family a wonderful christmas...

Lois said...

I definitely like the first one the best!

Clytie said...

Beautiful, dear sissie. I'm with Deann - you should have some Christmas cards published with these.

jeannette stgermain said...

A beautiful picture, Beth! Not only in the way the lines flow, but also the meaning of it:)