Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Forest Treasure

You are probably wondering why this lovely young lady is wearing baseball gloves? I have wondered about that myself. Sometimes things just happen when drawing a picture. Hmmmm . . . . If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear from you!

This picture is a mixture of art mediums. I used graphite pencils to sketch my idea onto the paper. I put in the detail with indelible ink using various sized ink tips, erasing the pencil lines. My beloved Prismacolor pencils added color--after which I inked in crucial lines and detail which the beezwax from the colored pencils had blurred. I scanned the picture into my computer. Then I used an art program to add bright sparkles and shine to the faery and gloves.

11 comments:

Deann said...

Well Sissy Bea it is perfectly obvious to me...she is our designated fairy catcher. She needs an especially fluffy mit so as not to damage the merchandise. What I want to know is...do you believe in catch and release???
{Hugs}

Anonymous said...

Beth,
Thank you so much for you little work of art you sent to me!!
I feel so blessed.. and you are so welcome too.
I am so happy you love your picture that means so much to me.
I love what you did as well. I am going to buy a large bulletin board for my inspiration wall..and your art will be hanging next to all of my favorites.
Thank you again, and what a nice surprise.. Happy New Year Beth!
Hugs, Darlene xo

Sunny said...

She is wearing baseball gloves in order to catch all the magic you have created.
A very Happy New Year to you and your family.
Sunny :)

Clytie said...

Yes ... she is definitely a magical fairy catcher!

And she is exceptionally beautiful!

maryt/theteach said...

Beth, I think I might have missed the gloves if you hadn't mentioned them. I love the color and design of this. Happy New Year! :)

zingtrial said...

she looks cool He!He!He!

Acornmoon said...

As with all your lovely ladies, this one looks like you!

Have a Happy New Year Beth.

Lola said...

A very Happy New Year to you & yours!
It’s been a wonderful year knowing you! Only sorry I’m not able because of work to get out & visit yr great site more often!

XoXo Lola & Nora:)

Binoy Mathew said...

I wud be happy if u can narrate how to make stained glass designs and pictures...

Mary said...

Beth I believe she is wearing the gloves in order to capture all of the light and love and beauty she sees around her, and to hold it forever within her heart....

which indeed, I think worked!.....:) much love to my new friend

Anonymous said...

I am thinking, the baseball gloves resemble the strength within. We often think something fragile and yet there is much fight left within; unseen.
I have watched sick people, really sick, with no life shinning through them and yet; when all hope is lost this inner strength seems to emerge.
This is what I got from your picture as my eyes caressed her.