Friday, July 13, 2018

The Pit -Paint Party Friday


Because of lack of time this week, I am re-posting this drawing I created years ago.  This piece is a favorite and carries a lot of deep meaning for me, especially now because in this journey, I realize am just now emerging from the depths of depression. 

Corrie Ten Boom, survivor of the prison war camps of Nazi Germany wrote of her experiences in a book called The Hiding Place. She said, "There is no pit so deep that God is not deeper still."
.
The first time I read this amazing woman's book, I was profoundly moved. Confronting death, starvation, disease, and the worst kind of cruelty from her fellow human beings--in the face of absolute, abject hopelessness--Corrie Ten Boom's faith grew.
.
Remembering her wise words fills my heart with wonder and hope.

Thank you for dropping by, dear Friends.  Your visits make me smile--your comments are a delight to my heart.  Happy Paint Party Friday!

7 comments:

Clytie said...

I've always been inspired by Corrie Ten Boom's life. This picture fits so well! I love the way all of the tears of her life seem to be pooled in this solitary drop ... given to God. Beautiful.

animaegirl said...

Excellent quote Beth and an important thing for us all to remember in these tough times! He is the light in our darkness, look to Him and your heart will find rest.

Amber

Woman in a Window said...

I think to undergo something as horrendous as that without faith would be unimaginable.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, as always. Valerie ten Boom was a wonderful person. Keep emerging Beth! Hugs, Valerie

JKW said...

Amazing woman. . .great quote. The painting is so enlightening. Blessings, Janet

NatureFootstep said...

beautiful artwork.

DVArtist said...

A beautiful tribute to Corrie Ten Boom. I read her book ages ago and well as you know it is a story that stays with our hearts. Hugs and love my friend.