Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Hush my Darling

Above you see one of my latest pieces.  I've called it "Hush my Darling."  My beautiful reference model is a young lady by the name of Paige.  This dear girl has been an inspiration to me for many years.

Here she is walking through a bower of morning glories looking for her feathered friend.  She is hushing us because she doesn't want to frighten the tiny bird--who, as you can see, knows exactly what she's doing and is going to surprise her any minute.

This drawing will be included in my newest coloring book.  Have a GREAT day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, your artwork is so detailed and beautiful. I’m honored to be a part of it. It was a pleasure ‘meeting’ you today and learning more about you and your family. Sending you all blessings and well wishes! -Paige

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful. Makes me think of the illustrations from old fairy tale books. Love that her friend knows of her intention and ready to surprise her.

-Soma

Sue (this n that) said...

I so love your art and also the little storytelling you include - very sweet and heartwarming :D)