Friday, March 16, 2018

Grapes Anyone? -Paint Party Friday


I have always loved the work of Alphonse Mucha.  As you can see this latest graphite drawing was inspired by his work.  I adore his style of artwork.  It is effortlessly graceful and full of a loveliness I can't put into words.  His artwork is like music for the eyes.  I pray my work has the same effect.  I found the idea for the border from a vintage postcard produced around the turn of the century. 

Thank you so much for dropping by my little art blog.  Blessings, comfort and joy to all of you, dear Friends.  Happy Paint Party Friday!



8 comments:

Faye said...

Thanks for the sweet comments. No one has mentioned that although I had A's in math (which I later majored in in college) and reading (which I was taught by my aunt at home at age 4) I had B's in drawing and writing. That was odd since I think I was born drawing. All my books had sketches in them.

Love Grapes Anyone. Speaking of drawing, you are certainly an expert, Beth. I am always so impressed with the detail you get in your drawings.

Janis Cox said...

I love the details in your drawing. And the flow of the picture.
Blessings
Janis

Christine said...

Beautiful work Beth.

NatureFootstep said...

sure I´d like some grapes from this lovely woman.
I did take a look at the artist I have not seen much but think you are on the same level. I love your work. :)

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely art work ~ so divine and enchanting ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

denthe said...

I love Mucha too! And yes, your artwork is in the same style. Beautifully done!

DVArtist said...

I am so impressed with your art. I love your style and look forward to seeing you art every week.

Jenn Jilks said...

I think you diminish yourself. Someone posted a comment about my 'little drawing', and I understand that. Mine ARE amateur. But yours are amazing. As Carol said, enchanting. Give yourself a pat-on-the-back!