Thursday, November 29, 2012

Arise My Son -Guest Heart Thursday


These are the words Mumsie read to Dad, just before he flew away to heaven.  It is a paraphrase from the Song of Solomon.  Here I sense the beauty of God's immense Love for us, I feel the Lord's great joy as He leaps and runs to meet Daddy, to hug him and to lead him into heaven. 

Our Lord comes
Look! here He comes, leaping across the mountains, bounding over the hills.
Our Lord speaks to us.
He is like a gazelle or a young stag!
Look! He stands behind our wall gazing through the windows,
Peering through the glass.
Our Lord speaks  to you:
"Arise my darling son, my precious boy and come with me
"See! Your winter is past; the rains are over and gone.
"Flowers appear on the earth; the seasons of singing has come.
"The cooing of doves is heard in the land whence I come.
"The fig trees forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
"Arise, come, my darling son, my beautiful one.
"Come with me!" 
~ A Paraphrase by Eva J. Gibson 


To see Dad's Memory Book, please visit Peake Funeral Chapel.

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!
 


3 comments:

Clytie said...

Beautiful, sissie. Simply beautiful. It's so hard to say goodbye to someone who was so much to so many.

Laura said...

so beautiful Beth... How blessed you all have been to have had your father in your lives for so many years.

Al said...

Those are lovely, comforting words. I can sense your family's deep love for your father.