Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Good Shepherd


This is another commissioned piece.  I love The Great Shepherd who watches over us.  I have often sought the comfort of His Presence these past few weeks.  How grateful I am for Him Who loves and understands my heart.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.  
He makes me lie down in green pastures; 
He leads me beside quiet waters.  
He restores my soul; 
He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.  
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I fear no evil for You are with me.  
Your rod and staff, they comfort me.  
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; 
You have anointed my head with oil;  
My cup overflows.  
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, 
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
~ Psalm 23, penned by King David of Israel

 God bless you, dear ones.  May the Good Shepherd watch over you and keep you safely in His arms.

1 comment:

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

May the comfort of your faith help you as you grieve.
It is a sad time.