Friday, September 23, 2011

Art Nouveau Roses - Guest Heart Thursday

Last night I was doodling--here are the results!  Three 3.5x2.5 inch ACEO/ATC cards.  The first was drawn with the idea of Guest Heart Thursday, the second two were just for fun.  After I add color to them, I'll put them up for sale in my Etsy shop

There is a hidden heart in one of these drawings--can you find it?

For more heart art, photography and altogether fabulous heart stuff from around the world, visit Clytie at Random Hearts for Guest Heart Thursday!


Jane Gray said...

These are lovely Beth! Nothing like doodles. They have a real Art Nouveau feel about them and even in black and white they are very striking.
Well done, you're a very talented lady :-)
The Time Sculptor

Clytie said...

Oh sissie - they are GORGEOUS. Doodles ... riiiiight!!!

I see 7 hearts in the top one, 3 in the middle and 4 in the bottom one!!!

Abraham Lincoln said...

I don't think it is quite appropriate for me to leave a comment here about your comment left on my blog about my compulsive disorder. You can delete it if you wish.

Reply to Beth Niquette...

I am glad you are still reading some of the stuff I am writing. I think I am so lucky to have a mind filled with things and they are all of interest to me. It is part of the compulsion, I guess, and of those thoughts, some make it to the surface and I am fascinated with it for a season.

I like to write. I like photography. I think I could write and not take pictures and not even miss it. Most of the writing in books that I did was done a long time before there were home computers so it was necessary to write the material out in longhand.

I am a sucker for notebooks. I just ordered 6 of a legal secretary size but cheap and 150 sheets of paper. I will fuss with them. Probably use a ruler as a straight edge and a ballpoint with red ink to draw a margin on every page. That is something I do when the notebooks do not have that line.

I do like your artwork. I found several hidden hearts.

Megan Coyle said...

Such beautiful drawings! And what fun it is whenever you hide a few hearts in the illustrations :)

Ebie said...

I love your creativity, such great work of art.

Thanks Beth for letting us know about Clytie;s condition. Will be praying for her.