Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight #44

I created Featured Art Tuesday Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another -- this includes every type of medium, sculpture, beading, watercolour, restoring vintage cars, pen and ink, oils, gardening, interior decorating, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry. The list goes on and on. 
 
Each one of us is creative in one way, or another -- FATuesday Artist Spotlight celebrates the creativity found in every person.
For details on how to join FATuesday Artist Spotlight
see the bottom of the page.
I hope you will join in the fun!


I found Oona Patterson's amazing paper sculpture quite by accident.  I was instantly and forever mesmerized by the incredible detail in her sculpture.  There is a story to be read with the eyes, except not in the usual sense.  When you visit this extraordinary artist, you will see what I mean.  I felt SO inspired.

Ooona writes, “I am a paper artist who specializes in miniature sculptures. From books & other scraps I make detailed scenes that describe and illustrate stories & poems I’ve written. Heavily influenced by old fashioned children’s tales, my sculptures have been described as miniature magical worlds.”

To see more of this wonderful artist's exquisite paper sculpture visit Oona Patterson Sculpture.  


Having only recently been introduced to watercolour, I found the work of Tim Wootten to be inspiring almost beyond words.  The lovely pastel washes--the soft realism of his subjects smite the eyes with their beauty.  I like the way he writes his observations right into the painting.  This gives his work the personal feel of reading a journal.

Of his recent work, Tim writes, “The past few weeks have been spent working around the property but art-time has been spent trying to develop my work across a range of media. I find that switching approaches and spending a period of time exploring what different materials can offer to me and how I can best use their properties.”

To see more of this wonderful artist's work, visit Tim Wootton Wildlife Art.

In her college years, Karen Jurick dreamed of becoming an illustrator.  But life happened and instead she ended in business with her parents for a number of years.  When they were gone, she ran the business for nearly 32 years.  I admire this dear lady.  After neglecting her artwork for all that time, she stepped out to follow her dream and began to paint again.  The pure harmony of color and line in her paintings, as she captures people in their everyday lives, is breathtaking.

Karen writes, “After 15+ years of not doing any art, in 2004 I started painting. I sold enough on eBay to build a studio in my back yard - then began using oils for the first time.  That lead to selling more paintings on eBay - then a year later I entered work in a gallery. A year later, I entered into another gallery, then another. Now I’m in a comfortable place - doing larger works for those three galleries while I continue to paint small pieces that frequently auction on eBay.  I take my camera everywhere, paint from those photos - moments in time, people just doing their thing.”

To see more of this gifted painter's artwork, Original Paintings by Karen Jurick.  She also has a wonderful blog chronicling her adventures in art called A Painting Today.


I have fallen in love with Holly Loyd's unusual sculpture.  I have been so excited about her work.   An eclectic artist who's curiosity and talent ooze from every thing she does, she is an artist to watch.  The grace and creativity with which she endows each of her pieces is fantastic.
Holly writes, "I am experimenting with dipping random things in slip and firing them. "Slip dipping." The idea is that you dip the object (paper, fabric, cardboard...) into slip, let it dry, low fire it, and when its fired the dipped object should burn out, leaving a fragile ceramic shell. I am about to bisque my first test of dipped objects. (kinda nervous that I will end up with ceramic crumbs) eh we'll see how it goes. Cross your fingers!"

To see more of this creative artist's work, visit Holly Loyd Sculpture.


I found Anna on facebook and felt an instant connection with her.  She is so inspiring to me--and has given me some wonderful artistic advice!  Her wonderful artwork and generous heart are so precious and unique.  There is a wonderful gentleness which permeates her charming work.   When I look at her paintings they make my heart feel warm.  

Anna writes, "I have been painting all my life since I remember me. When I was a child, I read a book where story hero Karandash painted pictures, which become alive as soon as they had been finished. I thought if I will learn to paint really good, my pictures will become alive some day too. This child dream still lives deeply in my heart. I know it will never happens, but I feel addicted to magic of painting and drawing, because it makes our life so emotional and colorful."  As a child, I remember dreaming my drawings could come to life.  This whimsical idea delights my heart.  I believe Anna is a kindred heart.

To see more of Anna's amazing artwork, visit Art By Anna.  She can also be found on facebook at Anna Usacheva

If you'd like to take part in FATuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you'd like to share.
* Don't forget to leave a link on Linky tools.
* Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Add a link to FATuesday in your blog entry.



3 comments:

Karen Xavier said...

Wow, they are all so talented! Everything looks great, those tiny miniature paper sculptures are unbelievable... so much detail so lovingly put together. Even the paintings, they are all wonderful.

Megan Coyle said...

Another inspirational Tuesday :) I'm really digging those paper sculptures.

uptoyoutoday said...

Exciting, intriguing, beautiful! I love to look at art. Fascinating people whose lives are expressed through their art!