Tuesday, March 22, 2011

FATuesday Artist Spotlight - #26

I created Featured Art Tuesday (FAT Tuesday) Artist Spotlight, to showcase inspiring Artists and to provide a forum for all Artists to share their work with one another--this includes every type of medium, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.
 
For details on how to join FT Artist Spotlight  see the bottom of the page.
I hope you will join in the fun!


I first became acquainted with Dani through my sister Clytie.  They are enough alike to be twins--and THAT is a compliment.  Just like my darling sis, Dani finds hearts and they find her.   Dani is a talented photographer.  She has that rare gift of seeing.  I count it an honor to be known as one of Dani's friends.  She inspires me to see.

 Dani writes, "Well, it's Clytie's "fault."  She's a wonderful heart hunter and my dear blogger friend. It was her and her blogs that inspired me to see hearts around. I'm so thankful and lucky to have her as a friend....As she says these hearts find me, so I felt like giving them a home. A lovely one."

To see more of Dani's ongoing photo journal from her time as a student in China visit Snow Flowers.  To see more of her charming hearts, visit A Lovely Home for Hearts.


I was mesmerized by the incredible detail of Ariel's amazing artwork.  Every piece she creates is exquisite--her art fills my eyes.  I could look at Ariel's art for hours.  She inspires me to greater heights with the way she combines art mediums and various artistic stylings.  There is something so delightful about her artwork--I can hardly put it into words.  One can sense Ariel's great passion for art in her fabulous work.

Ariel writes, "I am a Brazilian artist living in US for 4 years. I've been doing a lot of artistic stuff throughout my life and I cannot imagine myself following a different path... Art is my oxygen, my addiction. Currently I've been dedicating my time uniquely to painting and drawing, using mostly watercolors on board and exploring the combination figurative/abstract art to express metaphysical ideas and myths."

To see more of Ariel's extraordinary artwork, visit Mesmerized by the Sirens.


I have been a follower of Ryan McGinnis for a few years.  Those who know me best, know I love clouds--this photographer takes the most eye-filling, inspiring, amazing, breathtaking photos I've ever seen.  He has been involved with Storm chasers' Project Vortex 2, which is a two-year National Science Foundation and NOAA funded science mission to study tornadoes and supercell thunderstorms.  Some of Some of this inspiring photographer's  photos will be included with the official press pack for the IMAX film "Tornado Alley".

Of the above photo, Ryan writes, "This is a shot of a high-based supercell that, against all odds, kept trying to work its way down to the ground in central Kansas...we all stood in a field, watching nothing become something. By sunset, this was a magnificently beautiful storm."

To see more of Ryan McGinnis' incredible photography, visit The Big Storm Picture.  Happily, you can also purchase his amazing storm pictures on canvas and other formats at The Big Storm Picture.  The cool thing is, just recently Ryan has reduced the prices of his pieces--I know I'll be visiting soon!


Robert Sloan is new to me, but I am a big fan.  He is a master of pastels--an incredibly hard medium to manage.  His artwork is beautifully detailed--yet soft.  I am so inspired by this incredible artist.  I'm actually considering trying pastels one more time!  I especially enjoy the personality Robert puts into each of his pieces.  This saber tooth tiger has a brave and kindly face.

Of the above drawing Robert writes, "Musky" leading male character from my novel "Sabertooth." ...Musky is a sweet cat with unusually high social instincts, a bad dude who's a loving dad, attentive and sensitive mate and staunch buddy to his partner pride-male Clever."  I want to know more, don't you?

To see more of Robert's wonderful pastel artwork visit Explore Pastels With Robert Sloan.  He can also be found on Facebook at Robert Sloan Art.


I have known Dani Ambrose since she was a teen.  My husband and I live in her old home (my dream house).  I remember one of the first things I saw when I visited here for the first time, was a piece of Dani's artwork hanging on the wall behind the dining room table.  This wonderful young woman is such an inspiration to me.  She dabbles in about every kind of art medium with astounding results.  But there is another reason I love her work so much--her heart shines through her artwork.

Dani writes of the piece above, "...This piece happens to be one of my favorites so far. It reminds me of a window at night. I have a love hate relationship with windows, I think windows are some of the most beautiful things but they make me feel really insecure and can be a bit scary, especially at night."

To see more of Dani's fascinating artwork visit Artistic Expressions.

If you'd like to take part in FAT Tuesday Artist Spotlight:
*Blog the art you'd like to share.
*  Don't forget to leave a link to your art here on Linky tools.
*  Visit other artists who have left their links.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Put a link to FAT Tuesday in your blog entry.

5 comments:

Clytie said...

Ooooooh, more wonderful artists that you are introducing us to! Of course I know and love Dani ... and YES! She is an amazing artist! Not only that, she is a sweet and generous person!

I've visited Ryan's blog a few times, and am always stunned by his work.

I haven't met the others yet, a situation which I plan to rectify immediately!

Thank you so much for hosting this amazing artist spotlight. I am in awe of how many wonderful and amazing artists there are out there!

Tammie Lee said...

as always incredible magical arts!!

Dani said...

oh, Beth I feel speechless. I am really honored. Being among these great artists, I feel so thrilled, I can't express my gratitude.

I am so lucky to found you and Clytie.

A Million Thank You!

Love you,

Danny

Megan Coyle said...

another lovely group of artists - very inspiring!

Megan Coyle said...

Beth, your comment accidentally got deleted when I tried to reply (oy! technology!) those are pieces done by a class that did a "painting with paper" collage unit that focused on my collage technique.