Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FAT Tuesday Artist Spotlight #9

I created FAT Tuesday to showcase inspiring artists and to provide a forum for Artists to share their work with one another--this includes all types of arts, photography and crafts, including writing and poetry.  If you would like to take part in FAT Tuesday, these are the guidelines:

* Upload what you want to share onto your blog.
*  Don't forget to leave a link to your art on Linky tools.
*  Be sure to visit other artists who have left their link.
* Leave a comment when you visit each artist's page.
(We artists need to encourage each other!)
* Be sure to leave a link to FAT Tuesday on your blog page.
 (You can copy the button at the bottom of the page if you'd like.)  


This exquisite silver leaf necklace is an example of Angela's detailed artistry, which is inspired by the world around her.  This wonderful artist uses her talents to create the most amazing pieces.  She writes, "Nothing evokes a feeling of rejuvenation and inspiration for me like the cool crisp days of autumn. All of nature prepares itself for the coming of winter, and while some have the urge to bundle up and settle in, my instinct is to be out and exploring. I feel my most creative at this time of year. I come alive at the scent of newly fallen leaves, and I can't help but marvel at nature's ever constant changing canvas..." 

To see more of Angela's beautiful photography and artwork visit SoftNos Designs.


I believe art is not confined to an ability to draw.  There are a variety of artists in this world -- musicians, clothing designers, gardeners and cooks, to name a few!  I found Coralie Cederna Johnson through Pink Saturday -- what a lovely, generous woman she is!  Then I found her blog with fabulous old recipes from the fifties.  It is plain to see this dear lady is an artist -- Not in the conventional way -- but an artist just the same.  She writes, "As a lover of all things vintage, I write about our cottage home, inspirational decorating, vintage finds, thrifty buys, and old-time recipes. I have many additional interests such as reading, writing, blogging, arts and crafts, and quilting..."

To discover the joys of cooking with wonderful nearly forgotten recipes, visit Coralie at Charming Vintage Recipes.


Christina Cairns makes the most beautiful hand-made ornaments I've ever seen.  I happened upon her blog as I was looking for ideas for Christmas gifts.  I was struck by the grace and beauty of her artwork.  Happily, Christina has an Etsy Shop.  You can find that link on her blog.  She writes, "I am an artist, mother, and creator of things. Dreamer of dreams, singer of songs, believer in magic, lover of tall tales and true, and maker of the world's best ever Pan Forte."  She is someone I would love to meet someday!

To see this talented artist's work visit A Mermaid in The Attic.


Here is another artist I ran into through Facebook.  Robin Leath's artwork is stunning.  I was just blown away by her imagination and the beauty of her pieces.  Robin doesn't appear to have an actual blog featuring her work, but she does have an Etsy shop.  She writes, "My paintings are all original and one of a kind. I am a life long artist and for the most part, self taught."

To view Robin's amazing artwork visit Original Art by RR Leath.


This is one of my favorites--Love of Roses--by my precious sis Deann.  She is one of the best digital artists I've ever seen, not to mention her wonderfully creative pieces created with paint and canvas.  Deann's artwork is imaginative and whimsical with a bit of magic thrown in.  I am honored to call this dear lady my Friend and Sister.

To see more of Deann's marvelous artwork, visit The Whimsey Asylum.



6 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Thank you so much, Beth! I'm honored!
I'll be sharing this post on FB!
Many thanks!
Coralie

Deann said...

Wonderful artists...thanks for throwing me in the mix babe...feature yourself once in awhile...and let me know when you do your mushrooms I want to see the magic...Love you.

Angela said...

Thanks so much for including me beth! I've enjoyed looking at all the wonderful artists from your previous posts. So much talent, its wonderful to support one another this way! :-)

Unknown said...

As always such wonderful artists and new found friends! Sending you a hug sweet Beth:)
XXX
Becky

A mermaid in the attic said...

Hi Beth, thank you so much for including me, and such great company to be in!

Tammie Lee said...

Oh my Beth, you share such beauty with us! Thank you.