Saturday, June 26, 2010

Elea Repose - Illustration Friday

I am laughing at myself this morning.  The topic for Illustration Friday, is "Satellite."  However, my eyes told me our topic was the Hawaiian flower, Elea.  I must be getting old.  Elea Flower is the dear soul who came up with this Friday's topic!!!

I'm going to post this drawing anyhow. I could not find many facts about this beautiful flower online. It is a lovely bloom.  The soft pinks and gentle swirls of this flower reminded me of baby's faces.  Hence the title Elea Repose.

For more wonderful artwork please visit Illustration Friday!


willow said...

When my daughter was born, I thought she looked just like a little rose. Lovely drawing.

Looking to the Stars said...

I LOVE this. I love the little faces :)

Abby said...

I'm glad you posted this - even if it was the submitter and not the actual prompt! It's just so sweet. You have a beautiful blog.

And thanks for visiting my blog and your very nice comment!

Clytie said...

When you showed me the original drawing, and told me the story - I laughed a little - but absolutely love Elea Repose - a perfect picture!

Alan Burnett said...

Thank goodness for the misunderstanding with the topic as it has produced such a charming and inventive drawing as this.