Thursday, May 13, 2010

Face Man


Most of us have seen faces in the clouds. As a very young girl, I remember days when my brothers, sisters, cousins and I, would lie on our backs in the middle of a summer field of tall grass, watching the clouds form overhead.

As an adult I still love to watch clouds. I never tire of looking.  One late summer day as I walked along the mint fields near where I live, I was amazed to photograph this vividly shaped face wafting over the gentle green hills.
Above you see this Face Man as I first saw him.  I sure didn't have to do a lot of work to enhance what was already in place!

I was thinking of the faces of all the people I know. Each person has a special identity--their own face through which they see the world. As we live our lives, our faces change with time. As time passes, our faces reflect the lives we live.

God longs to shine His face of beauty and glory into the lives of those who love Him. As our hearts glow with inner radiance, the ravages of life, or age seem to soften and slough away, leaving the only His beauteous peace beaming from our faces.

So, my special gift to you on this lovely Spring morning is this verse: The Lord bless you, and keep you, the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance on you, and give you peace. [The Bible, Numbers 6:24-29]

8 comments:

Deann said...

Beautiful Beth that is one of my favorite scriptures...and of course I love all your cloud pictures. Looking at clouds is so relaxing I guess it's because we are pausing to contemplate the heavens a place where our minds should be more often. I hope you have a lovely day...love you.

Sunny said...

I love that verse, it's one of my favorites. I must confess, that now and then, I still lie down in the grass and look at the clouds float by.
Sunny :)

Kathie Brown said...

Love the face and the verse. With my youngest son about to go off to war it brought tears to my eyes and also made me smile.


It also started this song in my head..."bows and flows of angels hair, and ice cream castles in the air, and feather canyons everywhere, I looked at clouds that way..."

Maggi said...

Wow, that is awesome! I love this verse, thanks for posting it!

Megan Coyle said...

Thank you for all of your kind words :)

I love looking at your cloud posts - they're always so clever and creative, and I've never seen another artist do anything like this :) very unique.

"Face Man" is yet another great find.

cat said...

What an awesome cloud. Almost spooky how much it looks like a face.

Thank you so much for your comment at my blog :)
(It is a coltsfoot)

Clytie said...

So amazing, sissie. You are awesome!

miruspeg said...

Lying on the ground looking at the clouds is my latest favourite thing to do Beth.
I call this 'downside up' as I marvel at what the clouds and trees look like from this angle.
Lovely post.
Hugs
Peggy xxx