Saturday, May 8, 2010

Eagle Song

This Cloud Painting is one of my favorites. In late summer, I opened the kitchen door on the alley side, to discover an amazing cloud formation stretched up across the skies. It looked like an eagle in full flight, wings extended high overhead.

I ran back into the house, grabbed my camera and shot over 15 photos from various angles. Later that day, I perused my "catch."

Imagine my astonishment when I discovered a REAL eagle in one of the frames. What are the chances an eagle would fly next to a cloud shaped like an eagle, just as I was snapping this photo? It is miraculous.

I am reminded of the hope described in Isaiah 41:29-31 (NASB). He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.

Our family has faced some very hard times. How marvelous to know when we wait for God's perfect timing, He gives us incredible strength to endure, to look up and to watch expectantly for what He will do.
.
Above you see the Eagles, as I first caught them with my camera.

7 comments:

Julia Guthrie said...

Those are such beautiful photos Beth! And to find a real eagle flying past...wow...that can be no coincidence!! :)

Goha said...

Bardzo lubię odwiedzać Twój blog. Podoba mi się jak paptrzysz na chmury i co w nich znajdujesz.
Pozdrawiam.
Goha.

Goha said...

You can see my work on the blog
http://urokliwisko-gohy.blogspot.com/

Sunny said...

I am without words! What an awesome eagle and to see a real eagle at the time...wow!
Beautiful work Beth, you are truly blessed with amazing talent.
Sunny :)

Clytie said...

This has always and forever been one of my favorites of your cloud paintings. Love it!

Kristi Valiant said...

Absolutely perfect! Love every bit of it. You touched it up just the right amount. This would make an amazing print to sell. Have you done that?

Kristi Valiant said...

Seriously, I've ordered prints from https://www.iprintfromhome.com of some of my digital art, and they have fabulous quality and pricing, so if you decide to sell prints of this, I'd love to buy one. Email me!