Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cape Ape

When we were on our anniversary trip we had the fun of witnessing a minus tide.  We were able to walk along cliffs normally covered by the ocean.  Have you ever felt like you were being watched?

I felt astonished when I glanced up to see the kindly face of this gentle giant.  My husband, brilliant man that he is, came up with the name Cape Ape.   

Above you see this great ape, as I originally caught him smiling down upon the shoreline.

I added this photo to give some perspective on how HUGE the Cape Ape really is!

11 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi Beth, This is intriguing, I actually see two faces.
☼ Sunny

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth!

This is so great! Cape Ape! I like that!

ciao bella!

creative carmelina

Lois said...

I love that name!

Clytie said...

Ah, as I told you on the phone - this is amazing. I see so many things in this picture! It's amazing!

~Cheryl said...

Love this! It seems there's quite a crowd of creatures who are enjoying the view above water!

Deann said...

Sooo cool and I love your floating face too. This is an amazing piece of stone I think the color is wonderful and the shapes challenge the imagination...good job Sissy. Love you.

Tammie Lee said...

Oh how wonderful and how fun that you saw a giant in the rocks and I in the clouds.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

That must be a snow ape LOL,

I am amazed that the rocks are white.

Thanks for visiting

Serline said...

The awesome wonders of His creation...

Catherine said...

Wow - what an amazing face!! I wonder how old Cape Ape is???

The Pottering Artist said...

This is very captivating and makes you want to look again and again.