Friday, October 13, 2017

The Journey Begins -Paint Party Friday

This is a drawing I completed last week to be included in a new coloring book on Friendship which will be available in mid-November.  It depicts Ruth and Naomi, from the book of Ruth, found in the Bible.

Naomi's husband and two sons have passed away.  She has been living in another country and determines she must return to her homeland.  Naomi has, in her bitterness, told her daughter-in-law Ruth to go back to her own people.

But Ruth clings to Naomi and cries out, "Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge.  Your people shall be my people and your God, my God.  Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. Thus may the LORD do to me, and worse, if anything but death parts you and me."

This story is a beautiful picture of friendship, loyalty and love.  Though they endure great hardships, in the end Naomi finds hope and meaning in her life and Ruth is given the desire of her heart.  It is a great picture of God's goodness.

Have a great weekend and Happy Paint Party Friday.

6 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

a beautiful and uplifting post and drawing Beth. Happy PPF!

Giggles said...

Beautiful and heartfelt!!

Peace Giggles

Faye said...

Beth, you have beautifully illustrated the story of Ruth and Naomi.

DVArtist said...

Everything about this is so beautiful.

Al said...

You have a real skill with these drawings, and a very distinctive style. And you're lucky to live near both the beach and the mountains!

Deepa Gopal said...

I so agree with Al, the drawing is so much skill there...and such a heart-warming story. Such kind of friendship is so rare these days.