Friday, September 15, 2017

Joy in the Morning -Paint Party Friday

This is a drawing I drew a few days ago.  I entitled it Joy in the Morning.


Above is my lovely reference model Heather.  I am honored this dear young woman is a part of my life.  I am blessed  She is a a wonderful, sweet Friend of mine--a dear daughter.

But now there is sad news.  The title of this drawing is significant, because the evening I drew this picture, my precious Grandma Gladys flew away to heaven.  She was 91-years old.

Everywhere I look, I see Grandma in my home. Everywhere. Knickknacks, strange cutlery, cookbooks, pans, her lovely artwork, art books, the beautiful bed set in the cloud room and just about everything in my craft room...all are her legacy. Her life has been intertwined with mine since the very beginning of my life with my Beloved.  One of our first dates was to meet Grandma and her precious family.

I know she is in a better place, but this earth is less without her. She was full of years and longed to be with Jesus and her Beloved Vic.  I rejoice for her because she is free of pain, and she is in the Presence of her dear Savior.

So many memories...so many. She taught me how to be a Mom and a good friend.  Her influence on my life has been profound.

I love her. I love her so much.  Dear sweet friends--take time to cherish the people you love.  You never know how long you have with them.  Every moment is a gift.





8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, but as you say, she is in a better place. Your drawing is beautiful, as always. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Clare Lloyd said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Such a lovely drawing

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

At this very moment I sit by my auntie, 96, who is nearing her final passage to peace.
Sorry for your loss.

Liz Powley said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Carry her in your heart and in your art and keep her memory alive.

This piece of art is woberfully drawn. True skill. Thankyou so much for sharing.

Best wishes,
Liz

DVArtist said...

Wow she is glorious. Perfectly drawn. I am so sorry about your loss. She will be with you always.

Jean said...

I am sorry for your loss. The drawing is wonderful!

Giggles said...

So so sorry for your loss but what a beautiful tribute! She left behind an amazing legacy!

Peace Giggles

Heidrun Khokhar, KleinsteMotte said...

I miss hearing from you. Hoping you will drop by some times. I love your works. So creative,