Friday, June 23, 2017

Candice -Paint Party Friday

This is  Candice.  I did not have a reference picture for this lineart drawing, which started out as a midnight graphite doodle.  I do a lot of doodling when I can't sleep at night.  I love how it turned out.  It wasn't until after I was done that I realized this girl looks exactly like one of my sweet nieces.

It is very warm for our part of the world--in fact, they expect heat records to be broken this weekend.  I love the good weather, but don't do well in hot temperatures.  However, there's a nice solution--at least here in Oregon where water is plentiful.  I just head for the park by the river--go wading and splashing with the young'uns, and all is well.  :D

Have a lovely weekend, dear Friends.   Enjoy your family and may you find joy and laughter in the sunshine.  Happy Paint Party Friday!



10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work Beth! Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

What a sweet and charming illustration!

Linda Kunsman said...

such a lovely drawing Beth. Happy PPF!

Fran said...

That is a very nice drawing. Good doodles.

peggy gatto said...

Very lovely and charming!

Sue (this n that) said...

A delightful work Beth. How nice that you could see your one of your nieces in her too :D)

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love all the details. :)

DVArtist said...

Candice is beautiful. Yes even here in Florence, OR we have warm sun. I am happy for this.

Victoria said...

Super-gorgeous work..what a stunning piece! Wonderfully done!
Happy PPF
Victoria #38

Giggles said...

Beautiful work Beth...I suspect you have many faces in your memory that would just come forth without reference!! I am not a fan of heat now either and we are having a bit of a heat wave here too!! Stay cool and enjoy the splashing!!

Hugs Giggles