Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wrapped in His Feathers -Paint Party Friday


I was going through some piles of my old artwork when I found a drawing I'd penciled onto lined paper, dated the year 2000.  The drawing struck such a chord in my heart, I put the idea to paper once again. 

My life has been so different since my husband passed away recently.  I have run into the arms of Him Who loves me so many times over the past few months.  Ah, He covers me with His feathers and keeps me safe, next to His heart.

He will cover you with His feathers, 
and under His wings you will find refuge; 
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
~Psalm 94:1
A Song of David 

Happy Paint Party Friday, all you lovely artists and beautiful people. Thank you for dropping by.









15 comments:

Lois said...

I love it Beth!

Lorraine said...

fabulous bird

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work Beth! Valerie

Tracey FK said...

that is really lovely... great textures in those feathers

Giggles said...

A beautiful image with words... I find it very powerful. Wishing you love!

Hugs Giggles

bellefrogworks said...

Beth - your drawing and that wonderful verse brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful to have a God who covers you and showers you with his love. Beautiful work

said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GlorV1 said...

Sending you prayers and healing. Beautiful work Beth.::hugs::

Christine said...

It's a beautiful drawing. So sorry to hear of your loss.

Faye said...

I missed this last week, Beth, but saw it this week as you are the featured artist at PPF. It is a beautiful drawing and one that does offer much comfort along with the scripture. Sending hugs your way from a fellow fairly new widow, who understands your pain.

Mary C. Nasser said...

What a powerfully beautiful and emotive piece. My deepest condolences, Beth.

Deepa Gopal said...

Absolutely gorgeous work!
"those we love don't go away,
they walk beside us everyday
unseen, unheard but always near..."
Prayers and hugs your way :)

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is wonderful, Beth. It is beautifully rendered and exudes the Lord's comfort.

May the Lord of resurrection fill you with eternal joy in the knowledge that you will see your beloved again.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Lisabella Russo said...

This is so heartwarming and poignant. Lovely art!

TexWisGirl said...

bless you, dear beth.